or Connect

Posts by shershine

I've had my Dyson for about 3 years now, and honestly, I'm not impressed. I have the All-Floors model. It gets clogged very easily and sometimes I have to go over the same area several times to pick up. I even got in tuned up at a vacuum repair shop and got all the filters replaced but didn't notice much of a difference. Now the hose is falling apart. It ripped about 6 months ago but I could still use it by holding it closed with my hand. The rip is much longer now...
[QUOTE=BCmommy;12307228] Can anybody help with more natural ways for me to replace the estrogen I need? I would HATE to take the pill or other chemical hormone replacements. For those who don't know, losing an ovary ups your mortality rate almost 200% compared to women who keep them both, and increases your risk of heart disease, osteo, breast cancer, dementia. We need the estrogen our body so nicely provides. OTOH, keeping a tumor like this could make ovarian cancer risk...
I didn't vote because none of the options fit me. I am far better than a reasonably good swimmer, I am like a fish in water and grew up swimming all year round. I also took several years of lessons as a child. But I am not competitive level, I was never on a swim team or anything like that. I still love to swim as an adult! ETA: I just read the edit, now I'll have to say competitive level even though I never competed!
Quote: Originally Posted by kalisis Hmmm...my first thought is: Florida has hurricanes. California has earthquakes. Not to rain on your parade, but that would come into play in my decision. I just have to say that I have lived in So. California for 32 years and been through many earthquakes. I haven't even had so much as a book fall off of the shelf though!
Quote: Originally Posted by aquarian OMG... I can't belive I'm the only one that is going to say this but.... I was nearly in tears by the end of my first trip to IKEA. Exhausted and frustrated, the whole place is like a maze that you can't get out of. They just tell you to keep walking and keep walking. Its so crowded, you can't get anywhere. I was maybe 22 at the time, and I swore I'd never go back there. I just went again 2 weeks ago, it was...
I was like this as a child. It is only recently that I learned that there is a name for it and that I wasn't the only one in the world. I never spoke in school, not even if I was called on my a teacher. I would not answer if another child asked me a question. I didn't really speak to adults other than my parents. I did have a few friends, but our friendships were always outside of a school setting. This lasted until highschool, there were probably kids there that I...
Both of my girls call any kind of modeling dough "clay". They don't really know about the Play-Doh brand, though I know my oldest is at least aware of it. They ask for "rags" when they need to clean something up, I don't think I've heard either of them say "paper towel". My youngest didn't know about McDonald's until very recently when I started going there to get their iced coffees. : But I still don't but the food there! My 4yo doesn't know any of the Disney...
My little sister (well, she's 26, but she's still "little" to me!) has that and I HATE it! I think the music she picks is awful, really trendy R&B and hip-hop. I hold my ear away when it plays! Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of hop-hop and R&B but I guess I like the classics better. Maybe I'm just getting old? But even when it's music I like, it still bugs me! Give me an old-fashioned ring any day!
No. I didn't even know people did that! Maybe it's because I've always lived in such high traffic areas though. When you're trying to cross over 8 lanes you have to really book it! There's no time for pleasantries.
Um........Wal-Mart. I don't shop there or have a need to say the name, though.