or Connect

Posts by prettymom

My 7yo dd frequently struggles with anxiety, stress, and "feeling gloomy." The problem is that she understands and will ask questions about subjects she doesn't yet have the emotional resources to handle. I am just learning about giftedness, and she has a lot of the qualities of a gifted child. I am wondering if it is worth pursuing assessment to have her "diagnosed" as gifted. I hesitate because I think that gifted or not, she ultimately has to learn the same coping...
Are you already out of the trial period? Relax the Back sells a memory foam bed called a Purefit that sleeps MUCH cooler than a tempurpedic. I know they also sell tempurpedics and can show you the differences between them.
DD2 just outgrew her snugride and I'm looking for a convertible. It seems like so much has changed since we bought DD1 a Britax Boulevard three years ago! What are your recent favorites? I was just on the Consumer Reports website (although I don't always agree with them, and I HATE it when people on Amazon give car seats five star reviews just because CR rated them highly) and saw some new highly rated car seats I haven't seen before. Anyone tried out the triumph...
Hey all - I haven't been on the ETL threads for a loooong time. I started ETL in a fierce way a little over two and a half years ago. I lost 40 pounds in four months. And kept it off. Up until my last pregnancy... Long story short: I need to drop 40 pounds. FORTY POUNDS! I've been so hungry that I have allowed myself to eat a lot of delicious and not so fuhrman-friendly food. A lot. I keep trying to recommit to ETL. I know from experience it really works when...
I'm 4 weeks pp, and my stitches are still there.
Mine came right back with DD1 despite ebf, and was regular right up until I got pregnant again. I felt ripped off. My midwife told me just to celebrate my super fertility.
I have it way too easy... (it was NOT this way with DD1). My LO sleeps basically all night. She wakes up a few times to nurse, but I just toss her a breast while still laying down, and she drinks it and we both go back to sleep. I seriously lost more sleep when I was pregnant from getting up to pee. Of course she poops a few times in the night. I wake up DH to change her. Then she nurses and we are back asleep. We are in bed from about 10pm to 7 or 8 am, when my toddler...
I'd never heard that about the placenta scab...good to know! I just had my bleeding step it up too, this is getting so old....
Just had my first pitocin experience... I was originally planning a homebirth, but was induced for high blood pressure (and being almost 43 weeks). The first CNM I talked to after I got hooked up to the pit told me it can take as long as three days. I really held on to that when other OBs came in later wanting to do more interventions to get things going. One OB told me because I had not responded to the maxed out levels of pit that it was highly medically unlikely...
I need help to calm down. I am coming up on 42 weeks. I think one of my midwives is making me way too anxious about it. She recommends a NST and AFI, but I can't find a physician to do a referral to give me one (all are anti-homebirth or don't take my insurance). But the baby moves a lot so I know she is okay. Plus my mom is here waiting for baby and I don't want her to have to leave before the baby shows up. And DD broke her arm, which just adds to my anxiety. Oh, and I...