or Connect

Posts by ewolthuis

I used the plastic wrapper from a head of lettuce. This had major crinkle power! Sewed it up inside some cute fabric, about the size of a small washcloth, just like you said. Crinkle was one of my son's favorites, wherever he could find it.
Hi, mamas! I am the proud mama of my second child, DD who is 6 weeks old. I have been wearing her in slings for most of the day, except when she is nursing, getting changed, and for a few hours when she is awake and happy during the day (maybe 1-3, total). She is still sleeping lots, and she sleeps with us at night, not in the sling... But daytime sleep just hasn't been happening if she isn't in a sling. I have tried putting her down many times, and it seems like she...
Dealing with thrush in a newborn, too. Kellymom has a really great thrush information page with more than you ever wanted to read about treating thrush. Sorry, I'm not sure about the crying. I am currently just doing the oral Nystatin, which has cleared up all visual thrush in her mouth, and probiotics for both of us. I'm trying to stay away from the sweets, too. I'm hoping that will do the trick. I have had no symptoms myself, so I'm leaving my nipples alone for...
I feel that this is true, but applies to older children, not infants. From your signature, it looks like your baby is still quite young, and I agree, you will get a much longer nap out of her if she is in a swing, or something like that, where a disturbance (gas bubble, noise in the house, cough, etc.) will not bring her fully awake, because of the motion. But as they get older, I find a snooze in the carseat or stroller to be WAY less restorative than a nap in a bed. ...
I've never done this, and I'm imagining her slipping and sliding right out of my arms. But, I'm a showering mama, so it might be more convenient and save some time/water if I could just get DH to pass her to me for a few minutes to rinse her off. Thanks!
I just remixed some stronger GSE solution, about 15 drops per oz. Hopefully that will help. Some spots look better, but I saw some more on the roof of her mouth today. But, those just might have been ones I hadn't noticed before. Good luck everyone with getting rid of the yeast. I have informed hubby to wash everything on hot, with a vinegar rinse, and we always dry on high anyway, so hopefully all the laundry should be okay. Thankfully, I am using cheap nursing bras...
I'm on day 3 of GSE, and Lucy has a new spot in her mouth! I'm not really seeing a big improvement...is it too soon to expect the cheek spots to be disappearing? Her butt looks a bit better, just drier, and I have been using the hair dryer on it at diaper changes, which she loves! I've also been consciously letting my nipples get some air time as much as I can. The GSE seems slightly irritating on them... I figured I would move onto Gentian Violet if the GSE wasn't...
Lucy and I are right there with you all. We are using GSE and probiotics. I am also feeling like a cold is coming on, so I'm downing Vit. C and echinacea, too. So many pills! She has just a few spots on her cheeks, a whitish tongue, and the yucky red diaper rash. She cries like it hurts when she yawns and burps, so I think it does bother her some. And I'm sure her bottom is tender. But I am not feeling any symptoms myself yet, thankfully. I am using the GSE in...
Love those photos, Julie. Looks like a beautiful birth!
I leaked the first time I was pregnant, and this time I never did. My milk still came in the next day, like last time, although there was a shorter period of extreme leakage and engorgement than last time, if I remember correctly. Boobs are still tender, though, as I find myself defending them from my 3YO DS! Ouch. Lucy Alice is 2 weeks one day today. How are everyone's nights going? Last night Lucy kept us up from about 11:30 until around 3:30. Argh!!! She just...