or Connect

Posts by ryder

take lots of deep breaths and remember- that this,too, shall pass.....
i mostly lurk these boards and come here occasionally for advice. i have learned so much from the mamas here... here's the situation. dd dad is a recovering addict. i think that he has been using since he got out of rehab but i have no evidence or proof. well, dd just came home from a weekend visitation saying that daddy and gf had friends over drinking beer and smoking in the bathroom. she said that it smelled up her room (dd has sinus and allergy problems). now, exdh,...
my dd needs a definite structure or routine. the montessori schools here use abecka curriculum- which is not a true montessori. i honestly cannot afford as a single mother to send her to the montessori schools in this area nor can i homeschool. if i put her back in regular public school, she will be bored to tears. i have modified her diet (organic, no food coloring) with some improvement. dd is a smart girl and i think that some (not all) of this behavior she is choosing...
i just got back from a parent teacher conference. my 6 yr old dd goes to a magnet school where she is doing very well academically. conduct, however, is a different story. basically, she is choosing to misbehave. she now has an SST (student support team) folder for conduct. she wants to be the center of attention. she wants the teachers undivided attention at all times. her dad and i are divorced. she has spoken to a counselor four times this summer regarding inappropriate...
my ex told my 6 yr old dd about new baby in june. he said that the baby was due around halloween. imagine the surprise when the baby came in july. (no, it was not early). dd said that daddy must have had his dates mixed up. dd is doing fine with her new sister. much better than i thought she would. i did not have the option of telling dd the pregnancy news since exdh did not tell anyone until may. i asked that he not tell her until school was out- i might not have done...
I do not wish to deny dd her grandparents. I have on several occasions driven 3 hours (round trip) for her to spend the weekend with them. I thought that we were on ok (not great) terms and did not expect this from his mother. This behavior from her has increased lately. She has called me and yelled at me over exdh visitation (he told her that I said he could not see dd during the summer but I had actually given him the dates we would be out of town and had been trying to...
i have moved from the town i originally got the divorce in and i have no lawyer. exdh parents pay his child support and his brother (a lawyer) is advising them. exdh parents are pushing for visitation- he lives about an hour and a half from me. his parents are really pushy- we used to have a close relationship but it has fizzled out. i have spoken to a lawyer but they want a 1500 retainer fee(about a different matter regarding custody). thank you for responding.
Would this have been considered a violation of a custody order? On paper, my exdh has my dd every other weekend Fri- Sun. We are no longer speaking to one another. He said we should just email. Which I have- only he does not have a computer and does not check email. My dd had open house last night (Fri). I emailed him Monday to let him know this. He calls daily at 2:40 when I am at work and leaves messages for dd. He has not mentioned when or where to meet for the...
i have agreed for my dd to visit for 24 hrs. it would have been nice had exdh been the one to tell me, not his mother. to have been honest- he has known the due date but has chosen to lie; his friends had long been aware of the pregnancy. i have bent over backwards to accomodate him. why not give us (me and dd) a heads up on the due date? i just want to let go of this intense anger. it just builds with every lie. and with the therapist- HE made the appointment and cried...
i hate my exdh. he lies. ALL the time. about everything. the latest is his gf pregnancy. said baby was due around halloween. had his mother call and tell me it's due august 15. now, his mother called again saying that the baby is being induced this friday. why, i said, isn't it 2 weeks early? oh, they moved the due date up again a few weeks ago. the baby is large (6lbs 2 oz) so they are inducing. we (me and his parents) did not find out about the pregancy until mid may....