or Connect

Posts by ryder

I do not know what you are going back to school for but i went into teaching for many of the reasons you described. i love teaching and children, but as a single mom this allowed me to have holidays & summer break at the same time as my dd. it also has benefits and sick days built in. just a thought.
i do not know what kind of car you have but i had a car (nissan) that did the same thing last year- a computer component had been recalled and the dealership replaced the part.
thanks for the support. exdh can make me feel like i'm crazy. my heart breaks for my dd. in some ways, i wish that she had been made a part of this but then i do not think that exdh and gf make good choices and are a negative influence. exdh has "forbidden" me to speak with gf and gf has only glared at me the last times i have seen her. i do not know what he has told her but if dd is going to be around her i would like to converse with her. however, at this point, i am not...
as you can see, i read more here than i post. i need some advice on how to handle this situation. exdh was/is a recovering addict. he is a compulsive liar and very manipulative. he sees dd (who will be 6 this summer) irregularly but does call about 4 days a week. he tells dd that he is moving to our city (currently lives 1 hr away) but does not have the money to pay child support. in fact, he has told me he spent the child support money that his parents gave him on his...
i have been looking at the britax boulevard and the husky. which would be better suited for my daughter? or is there another seat i should be considering? i hesitate to use the parkway (or any booster) as the primary seat.
i was in a wreck 2 days before christmas that totalled my car. my daughter and i were not injured- she was in a cosco summit high back booster combo but was still using the 5 pt. harness. i need some advice in purchasing another seat. this seat only went to 40 lbs. with the harness. i have measured my 5 1/2 year old and she is 40.5 lbs and 44 inches tall. i would really like to keep her in a harness especially after this wreck. is there a particular seat that anyone could...
My ex-dh is court ordered to pay $300/mth child support. Over the past 2 yrs he has made an effort to pay- some mths he pays all (ok, for about 4 mths anyway) but mostly he pays what he can. His parents used to help him but he has moved to another city/ state- maybe they help him- I do not know. I have kept a tally of what he pays and when. He is behind $1500. (I know, many mommas have it worse) We had discussed in August that if he couldn't keep up we would get his wages...
Thank you for the replies! We have not flown since she was little and we used the car seat on the plane. The car seat has a harness so we have the option of taking in on the plane. Where do they sell the bags to cover the car seats when checking it as luggage?
My daughter and I are flying to see my sister this summer. It is a 3 hour nonstop flight. Should I carry the carseat or check it? My daughter will be 5 in july. She weighs 36 lbs and is 39 inches tall. Would she be ok in a plane seat? Will the car seat be ok being checked as luggage? What do you think? thank you..... melissa
Thank you for the replies- I have been really worried. My ex dh has copies of her vax but did not take them with him. I do not understand how he went in for a particular vax and came out with all three. I am in the process of talking to a lawyer about this- ex dh says that they kept telling him that she needed these vax. I had used the health department because her ped has a long office wait and they are not understanding about separating the vaccinations. I felt that I...