or Connect

Posts by ryder

My ex husband took by 4 yr. old daughter to get the DTaP and IPV vax. She had had her MMR vax 33 days prior. Ex DH and I disagreed on the whether to vax or not, so I agreed as long as the were done separately. My child has seasonal allergies and there has been a family history(on both sides) of negative reactions to the DTaP. So, he takes her to the health department where they give her ANOTHER MMR, DTaP and IPV. So, she has an extra dose of MMR. I am furious. She is still...
i was there last year at this time. i let my (now) xdh parents know what was going on with their son. he was the primary caretaker of our dd while i taught school. i was off for summer break and saw what was going on. his immediate family-parents and siblings- and i did an intervention. he went to rehab for 2 months. he then did outpatient treatment and continues AA/NA meeting 5 days a week. he is so much better now. he is willing to talk to others about his addiction...
i am not sure where exactly to post this but i feel as if this is more behavior related than a physical. my almost 4 yr old(she'll be four next week) has been urinating on the floor. the first time was 2 weeks ago. i thought it was a one time incident but then wednesday she peed in the bed. she was awake. then thursday she peed on the floor when playing. on friday she peed on the den floor. and again today(sat) on the bedroom floor. she began using the adult toilet...
when my dd was 15 mths old she swallowed a penny. she choked and i turned her upside down to get the penny out. she vomited twice but i never found the penny. i called the ped(it was friday at 4:30- closing time). they told me to watch her stool(and that is not fun to dig through!) kate nursed more than usual but other than that she was fine. 10 days later and still no penny. my ped thought i was nuts but i carried her in anyway. they x-rayed and there was the penny...
i hadn't thought about water! thank you. we are going to the chiro this afternoon.
my almost 4 yr.old has been complaining about headaches for a couple of days now. she described the headaches as "circles" on the top and back of her head. she was hoarse sounding last week so i assumed that this was allergy related. yesterday i gave her a decongestant and tylenol. well, this morning she said that her hips hurt... she takes a multivitamin and acedolphalus on a daily basis.... how worried should i be?????
thank you for your responses... i am trying to make the best decision possible and am weighing everything. my daughter is stable here and has had a rough year with her dad in rehab and going to daycare 5 days a week. i think that she has handled all of this as well as any 3 yr. old could. she is very close to all of her family- she sees my parents 2 weekends a month- and her father's parents several days a week. i am just lonely here in this town where the only family i...
i need some honest opinions please.... i am new here and it's hard to explain the past couple of years into one post. i live in a small southern town where my xdh and his family live. we get along really well as long as things go their way. i have custody of our daughter. xdh and i agree on the parenting of our daughter and he sees her on a daily basis. she spends the night with him maybe once every other week. xdh lives with his parents( he is a recovering addict). i...
i have been visiting here for quite a while but i have not given an introduction. i am a single mom to an almost 4 yr. old daughter. we live in georgia where i currently teach school. i found my way here through a friend. i began reading the health/healing forum but have been lurking mostly in the single parenting forum as i have only recently divorced.
name: ryder place: georgia kids: one 3 year old daughter work: teacher i have not posted here(single parenting) before. i have been lurking since feb. 03. my ex is a recovering drug addict. this place has reassured me that i am not alone in my situation and has provided me with support just reading everyones stories. thank you ladies.