or Connect

Posts by OHmidwife

I was just coming here to post a similar question. My son will be 6 in July, weighs 40 lbs, and is 43 in tall. We have Nautilus in both my and my husband's cars. My son is begging to switch to a booster. None of his friends are still in 5-points. I have two questions.   1) Is there really compelling evidence that, at this age and weight, a 5-point is significantly safer than a booster? I've been told there are European studies that say it is not true that 5-point is...
This does sound quite a bit like a variation on night terrors. My son has night terrors off and on and while getting enough sleep and reducing stress are helpful, here is the trick that really worked for us.   Figure out what time of night she typically has her first episode, and wake her up briefly about 20 to 30 minutes BEFORE that time. For my son it was typically about an hour after he fell asleep, so about 30 minutes after he fell asleep I would go and gently...
For instance, I'd like to see a category for "seed companies" to the "diggin in the earth" section, but I don't see a way to do it.
First the good stuff. My 5.5 yr old son is a happy, funny, bright, outgoing, athletic, energetic, little guy. He’s cute and charming and makes friends easily with kids and adults alike. But...he’s been having some OCD-like behaviors lately that concern me. Here’s what I’ve been seeing: *Constantly asking if his hands look clean. At the start of most meals, asks us to check both sides of his hands to see if they look clean. Won’t eat until reassured. Sometimes asks...
Hi Amanda How are things going for your daughter now? I'm reviving this thread, which I found doing a search for OCD, because I'm beginning to worry that my 5.5 yr old son has it. I'm going to start a new thread about his issues, but meanwhile, could you give me the link to the website you are talking about here? Thanks!
I bought the deal. I know that 3 friends bought the deal using my link. But I never got emails confirming each purchase like I was supposed to- my settings are set to notify me whenever someone uses my link to buy. I have bought living social deals before and the email notification always worked quickly.   Anyone else having this experience? I'm wondering if it's because they are just backlogged with orders- over 1 million sold! I hope so. The only thing better than...
Thanks everyone! I will look into as many of these as I can. We'll have to see which ones capture my son's attention though.
Long shot- but do you eat much popcorn? I have a friend who was cured of years of debilitating stomach issues by not eating any more popcorn. It can really irritate the digestive tract for some people. Her symptoms did not always occur right after eating the popcorn, but she did eat a lot of the stuff. YMMV!
You can get natural oral vitamin K here: http://www.birthwithlove.com/categories/itempage.asp?prodid=Vitamin+K+1+%28Vit+K+1+%29Oral+Vit+K Expensive, but well worth it for your peace of mind. You would only need the smallest bottle.   I'm also wondering if she might have an umbilical granuloma. From a web page:         My son had one and it was easily treated with plain old salt. It was gone in two days. Here is an article about it:     CURATIVE EFFECT OF COMMON SALT ON...
  This is exactly what I'm looking for! Can someone recommend a brand or give me a link? I HATE wearing bras. I bought two of these form-fitting camis about 10 years ago but they are pretty threadbare now and I need new ones. Unfortunately I cut the tags out because they were scratchy, so I don't know what brand they were. I got them at a big department store, like Kaufmann's or Macy's or Dillard's or something. They do not have a shelf- I hate shelf camis too! Can...