or Connect

Posts by JTA Mom

The bolded is a big issue for me as well. The feeling of failure afterwards was intense. As for peace, I don't think I'm there yet. I keep searching for it, but I'm not sure I can find it by looking. A big part of it might just be my intense fear of surgery. I did not like being awake & aware during my second c/s. I felt like I was being eviscerated, and honestly, no matter how much my 'logical' part of my brain kept telling me everything was okay, I think the deeper,...
Definitely call the local county health department. Lead is, unfortunately, a very common issue. They have programs out there to help with this. While I can understand the feeling of wanting to walk away from the house for your child's health, it is a bit of an overreaction. My youngest tested 'high' at 12 mos (9.something, I believe) and I freaked out as well. I was sent a ton of info, the country health department had someone assigned to my case, and she was very,...
I am similar to the other's who have talked to their children about other people not having enough food. I didn't use it as a scare topic, more of a 'this is why mommy is upset when food is wasted' kinda way. I also make sure to give them appropriate portions. Our stomachs are only as big as our fists, so their servings are going to be smaller. I find that natural consequences (you have to eat what you were given before you can get something else to eat) works the best....
I'm not pregnant (thank goodness!) but it's been something I've been thinking over since my last birth.   History: First pregnancy: Ended up going into spontaneous labor at 16 weeks & gave birth.    Second pregnancy: high risk since we didn't know what caused the first one. I also developed mild pre-e at 37 weeks. Induced. Had a bitch OB (and yes, she was) who started talking about c/s me 8 hours after induction with mag. sulfate. Fought her until 22 hours...
  It definitely does not sound like a 'sensory issue'. They use tapes of crying babies and sleep deprivation to torture prisoners of war and to condition our military members. If it's a way to torture someone, I don't think that a mom who goes through this (and I'm sure almost every mom has with a screaming child/little sleep) is 'odd' for wanting to punch a wall when hearing someone scream/cry.   OP, you sound exhausted. Is there any way for you/your dh to arrange for a...
Basics: The baby is nearing the weight limit on his Graco Snugride fast. I have older ds in a FF Radian (he's 4 and 38lbs). We have a Honda Fit.   Is there an inexpensive yet somewhat narrow carseat that has a high RF weight limit? The Radian was a pain RF in the Fit because it seemed to need a lot of room--we had to drive around with the passenger seat pulled all the way up.   We are also looking to get a second vehicle, hence why the car seat needs to be...
I'm loving all the pics!   They are growing so fast. A part of me really can't wrap my head around the fact that in less than 2 months I'll had a toddler. Denial isn't a river in Egypt, as they say.   Elias is getting faster at crawling, but he's figured out that if he pulls himself up on a chair, he can push it around and walk behind it. A DIYer just like momma. It helps that we have wood floors--the plastic ones? Forget what they are called. So the chair...
I'll cry with you!   Why do the younger ones race to grow up? Not fair!   And it's way too early for toddling. We have at least 2 more months before then. Right?  
Kelly, that sounds so cute! I'm sure Ozzy was getting annoyed. I mean, what's wrong with that yummy chew toy?   Elias loves cords as well. And shoes. Especially flip flops. I am not used to hiding shoes from a human. A dog, yes, but a 10 month old??   It's amazing to see how different the brothers are, and how little it has to do with me! If only I knew that with my oldest, I could have relaxed more. I feel like Elias is growing so much faster than his big...