or Connect

Posts by indigolilybear

I'm going through the Librivox web site for audio books. Long story short, right now I can download them really quickly and was wondering if there are books you thought worked for around 8-6 yr olds. Librivox has only older books due to copywrite issues and have done already the ones I know they will like (FIve children and It, Oz books...) Anyway has anyone had any success with things like Gulliver's Travels, moby dick, Charles Dickens, ect? I don't mind if they...
HI all. My 3 yo has pretty bad teeth. LOTS of cavities and other stuff we are scheduled to have fixed in about 6 weeks under GA. Oneof her teeth, a top molar, started bothering her off and on. It's now also causing her pain....I looked, there is some gum swelling surrounding the tooth towards the roof of her mouth, and she wakes up fussing ect. This morning she couldn't eat. The receptionist (dentist out of town right now) suggested ibuprofen. This seemed to...
simple abundance is a great one IMHO. You can also find it really cheaply at amazon.com used or thrift stores ect. I really have enjoyed doing it. Good luck
Well actually it's a small charter school that my DH actually runs and teaches at. Also I am there most days too and so I feel like I have a pretty good idea what's going on. It's kind of a different place, but there are no extenuating things that she is the victim of. I'm glad though since next year they go to a four day week
I'm starting to realize that our oldest dd (8.5) is truly starting to worry me. She gets really anxious about making mistakes (tests) and is developing some nervous habits--biting her sleeve, rubbing her tongue on her teeth, ect. She is prepubescent so I suspect some of it is hormones. She is also in a school with really long days so she's tired a lot. I am anxious to see if things are different w/o school this summer. I am jsut wondering how you know when...
ooh, just remembered a great documentary. thin by HBO. about a treatment center of eating disorders. I have the first disc of the documentary addiction I hope it is as good. Indie films I saw recently and liked: Half Nelson (thought Ryan Gosling was so powerful in it) Hustle and Flow Little CHildren (with Kate Winslet who was wondeful as always) Happy Ending (I really loved this one) Pieces of April I liked Sherrybaby too....quality but yes,...
thanks so much. this sounds great. i've never heard of *this* particular version. anyone else?? I'm getting excited....
I didn't realize (or had forgotten) there was a book....I will check it out. I'd like to see the stories come togehter more smoothly.... TBH, though of course Kate Winslet was still beautiful...they did a good job of making her more of an "everywoman"--it was believable. The man and his wife seemed much more beautiful. She's great though, and I think does embody that quality very well....
Quote: Originally Posted by mmace Hands down, my absolute favorite is Billy Vera and the Beaters "At This Moment"....Anyone else remember this from Family Ties? oh yes, this was good. bittersweet
I am sure there must be a post from people who actually get to watch things in the theater but I searched it and couldn't find anything Watched it last night....am curious what other people think? AM a huge Kate Winslet fan and loved her in it. The two stories, I thought that the pedophile thing was a bit unecessary for the story line. AM I missing something? LOVED the portrayal of being a SAHP though...thought it very accurately and painfully conveyed...