or Connect

Posts by indigolilybear

I have been looking for something like this..YAY. Okay, the place we're at, I need to get my spending under control. After a long time on deprivation mode, we sold our house which pays off almost all our debt!! HOWEVER, I cannot curb it now that I have done some "splurge" buying. The monster has awakened. My goals: No more purchases for myself or kids. STart crafting for remaining holiday stuff (have bought most of the stuff already) WIll start...
another TF'er who will not be giving up her caffeine anytime in the forseeable future. I drink a cup or two of black tea or coffee every morning....
I just wanted to add that Susun Weed (www.susunweed.com) has a excellent response to the raw vs. cooked food thing in Sage Woman magazine where she has a regular column. To summarize, she said that with most things, you cannot get the available nutrition unless you cook, freeze, dehydrate, ferment or otherwise break down the cell walls. She stated that before people cooked their food, they lived to approx. half the amt. of years to AFTER people started cooking their...
Hi all. I'm a novice kombuchamaker....and I have a weird question. I asked the only mama IRL that I know who makes it and she was stumped. In my last batch of kombucha, there was some stringy gelatinous stuff in it. It was randomly floating, unattached to my mother....I am wondering if it's kefir grains that are forming?? We have been brewing kefir for a while.... anyway I have read that it can get cross contaminated. Do you think that's what this is?? I always...
Hey all. I am specifically wondering about yurts. Let's see--we are a family of five. WIth two dogs. Long story short, we are very familiar with the other components of country/off the grid living but am specifically wondering about yurts. We are humoring the idea since after selling our OTG cabin, we are not going to be able to afford a downpayment for a new place. DH is extremely interested in maintaining SOME semblance of country living, though we're...
It didn't bother me either....I was also surprised they didn't go thru more alternative med's but I thought the focus was more on the idea that you muddle thru what life throws ya, IYKWIM. I also think there is a pretty strong agenda about showing how hard it can be on vet's to recover.
Hey, I remember when I first heard her on kcrw. Thought I'd post the station for all you fans though. THere are at least two-three performances that you can watch and/or listen to on "morning becomes eclectic".... www.kcrw.com
Okay let me preface this by saying that the only kombucha I've tasted was from a health food store...brand escapes me, but it had a very strong fermented taste. It wasn't totally unpleasant but not good IMO ANyway rec'd my first mother in the mail about two weeks ago, and brewed it up. I took it out today (after brewing 2 wks, one day) and it tastes really good. BUT I can definitely taste the tea.... Was it successful? I also got two separate memebranes, a thick...
I like LIfe the most so far. pushing daisies is okay. THat's all the new stuff so far. Am going to try dirty sexy money though.
I liked this show too. I did feel like a lot of it was kinda stolen from other things...in a good way though. I felt like it was tight and enjoyable. Will probably watch more. It was cute. I'd like to see where they are going with it. I am worried though that this "we love each other but can't touch" thing will get old. We'll see.....