or Connect

Posts by AEMOMMY

National Geographic did an episode of Taboo called Extreme Kids on 8/6/08, last night. I only caught the final few minutes of it, but I wished I saw more. They had a mom who was bfing her 5yo. They were explaining how in other cultures women bf until at least 4, and said that scientist believe that compared to other primates, humans shouldn't naturally wean until at least 2.5yo. This woman who was bfing said that her 5yo child is more independent then her older child...
I won't tell my friends but I'm reading #7 for the 4th time. Since I'm being honest I've read them all at least 4 times, my husband thinks I'm nuts. I enjoy getting out of my world and spending some time in Harry's. I'm still reading through this thread, but the one thing that caught my eye was how a lot of you seem to be disappointed with the ending. I have to say I agree. Kretcher's character was so built up and just left hanging. Poor little guy!
"Santa" brought my daughter the Plan Chalet and she loves it. Choose the people carefully though. I bought the modern family and they barely fit on the furniture, the kids have to be stuffed into the bunkbed. I didn't check to see if the people came in different sizes.
I am angry for you as well. I wanted to lend you my support at this time. When this happens it is so shocking. Words do not come easily and you are in such an emotional state the things that you do say don't come out the way you want them to. When this happened to me I contacted EVERYONE! Papers, news, internet connections. I searched breastfeeding advocacy and emailed every link that I found. Word spread quickly. There was a nurse in and plenty of news...
I have purchased from this company before and I wanted to share with you their answer to my safty issue questions. I have received permission from them to post their comments here. Dear Leigh, We are certainly a good source for high quality and natural toys that are not made in China. Our toys are made primarily in the U.S.A. and Europe, with some from Thailand, and a few from places like Greece and Egypt. If you look at our web site you will see the country of...
I have purchased from this company before and I wanted to share with you their answer to my safty issue questions. I have received permission from them to post their comments here. Dear Leigh, We are certainly a good source for high quality and natural toys that are not made in China. Our toys are made primarily in the U.S.A. and Europe, with some from Thailand, and a few from places like Greece and Egypt. If you look at our web site you will see the country of...
My dd loves Where The Wild Things Are. We recently went to The Please Touch Museum in Philly and she spent the entire day in the Wild Things area. They even had Max's wolf costume. Now she keeps asking to dress up like Max. I've searched high and low for costumes or patterns to make the outfit, but I have had no luck. Does anyone know where I can: A. Get the costume B. Get a pattern to make one C. Get a plain white footie pajama for a toddler?
My dd loves Where The Wild Things Are. We recently went to The Please Touch Museum in Philly and she spent the entire day in the Wild Things area. They even had Max's wolf costume. Now she keeps asking to dress up like Max. I've searched high and low for costumes or patterns to make the outfit, but I have had no luck. Does anyone know where I can: A. Get the costume B. Get a pattern to make one C. Get a plain white footie pajama for a toddler?
I'm having issues right now. Ds will not nurse. He hasn't nursed in weeks. I can't pump. I keep telling myself that it lasted a year and now is an ok time to stop. There is nothing I can do. And to top it all off my period returned. I haven't had a period in almost two years. Ds is our last baby (that's what we plan) and I feel kind of useless at this point. I feel like I never hold him, his choice. I feel lonely. I feel like a stage of my life is over. It...
Anyone know of a tea party set that isn't made in China??? DD is almost 3, so I need one that will be tough. I would prefer that it not be wood.