or Connect

Posts by Sneezykids

Here's the history...we rescued him when he was two years old. No name, no history really.  He is the BEST cat I've ever owned and we love him to pieces.  Even non cat people take a liking to him!  He's funny and full of personality and charm and is a lover!  We had a female stray about the same age for a year prior to getting him and they get along famously, no problems ever.   He's 9 years old now and last year we moved to a new state.  And rural.  Where there are lots...
I'm meeting with a mom today who I may be able to ride share with! I also thought that I could hire my neighbors twins who are 14 to alternate days to babysit in the afternoon so my dd could stay home while I pick ds up. The school seems pretty amazing so I'm moving forward with the application process - ds will do a two day visit at the school. If he loves it, that will certainly factor into the decision.
Thank you both for your replies.  Filly, I am actually leaning toward homeschooling instead of Waldorf.  My older kids homeschooled for about four years in the past, and my 12 year old has been back in public school for two years now.  It's not where he belongs.  Even if I were to find a carpool parent, my son and I like to be at home.  We're homebodies!  I did do the parent - child class last fall with my toddler and might again next month.  If I homeschool again I would...
Hi, was wondering if anyone here has a half hour commute one way to their Waldorf school?  I'm considering applying for my 12 year old to go to our local Waldorf and the drive is about 25-30 minutes on way.  I have a two year old also and am trying to decide how to make this work, if I want to make this work.  If I went home and picked up that would be two hours in the car everyday.  That doesn't appeal to me much, but I really would love for my son to go there...
This sucks.  My 7 month old boxer lab mix can't even have treats like cheese or chicken in her Kong. She even gets runny poop from the raw beef bones I got her from our recent angus purchase!!  She only seems to tolerate her kibble.  Is this normal? 
I have my 6 month old boxer lab x on Blue Buffalo puppy food. I was thinking of switching her to adult. The bags are bigger and she eats 4 cups a day. I haven't had a puppy in a long time so I'm not sure when to make the switch!
Maybe check out willow toys.com. The owner is an unschooler and makes all kinds of wood toys including the Waldorf stands. Maybe he can help you.
  I see.  So they don't have access to the same kids.  I was wondering about that.  I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't.    The more I think about it, fostering seems less of an option for us.  I think we'd do strait adoption...which brings me to this question...   How exactly does that work?  Let's say there is a baby born and the mom is in jail.  Who does the baby go to first?  A foster only family or a foster to adopt family?  Say the mom is doing long term with...
Thanks Katherine! (my youngest ones middle name btw :) )   I have read some bad stories about older kids, rad, and I'd really love to stay under 5 really.  Unless the older child was a good match of course.  I have older kids too, see sig line, so I need to consider the impact on them as well.    I remember talking with you before!  I have some old letters we wrote still in my in box.  I recently moved from SE Mich, last fall.  In NE Ohio now.  Seems to be a huge...
My dh and I are thinking of looking into fostering to adopt.  I have a few questions.  I've been lurking on the thread for years really, and then we had our youngest dd, who just turned two.  We'd like more and it's been on my heart to adopt for a long time.  We both have two cousins each who were adopted :)   Okay...   1)  Is a private agency better to work with compared to the county?  Finances don't matter much in that area, I just want a GOOD place to work...