or Connect

Posts by Jo&Co

Thanks for asking :)  Doing okay; I have only met with a new family practitioner in our local hospital so far.  It seems like my best option for a CNM attended homebirth is someone coming from 2 hours away. Not sure that's practical for us. The Willowsong Birth Center & midwives in Des Moines seem like a great idea, until I consider being in the car for 45-60 minutes to get to them while in labor.  So, still not sure what we're going to do yet, but at least I've gotten to...
 Oh, thank you for these words.  They really speak to me where I'm at.  I'm trying to make care provider decisions right now too and there is much to consider.  It's frustrating that geography and finances are such a big part of the process, but that is reality.
I know this is an old old thread, but it's my question exactly ... so far I have found the Willowsong group up in Des Moines which do not travel to my area (Pella), and a pair of CNM's that attend homebirths, but they are in the Cedar Rapids area.  I'm just under an hour's drive from Des Miones, and 2 hours from Cedar Rapids.  Any ideas or contact info anyone could share?
Does anyone know if Knoxville Hopsital still offers midwifery services?  I guess I could just call, haha ...  I'd love to hear personal experiences though.
I'm also looking at delivering at Willowsong, but of course (unfortunately) finances are a HUGE consideration.  We have BCBS, a PPO plan with a health savings account.  I need to figure out if there will be any reimbursement if we were to pay up front out of our HSA, and if so, can I put that money back into my HSA?  I would hope so.  Since Willowsong looks like they are "out of network" I think my coverage is only 60%, and it says "after out-of-network deductible" which...
I have a couple pairs of longies made of superwash, and they work fine. They lanolize nicely and are soft. We use them all the time. I do find that I need to dry them in the dryer (weird thought at first eh?) because whether it's the fact that they are knit in kind of a loose gauge or that it's that type of wool, they get kind of saggy baggy. They have gone through my washer and dryer numerous times and not a hint of felting, which I guess isn't surprising since it...
What is WRONG with the people at eBay? Pass the word ladies!
Keep it up ladies! The more #'s the better. I wish someone with a brain was working at eBay. It is SO SO frustrating. I'm thinking we'll email eBay with the link to the petition soon, but I'm going to wait for a while yet before printing off a paper copy and mailing it in. (That's what they recommend on petitiononline) Thanks for your support! I *knew* I wasn't the only one mad at eBay. Jody (I'm new here obviously -- in case you are wondering, I am listed...