or Connect

Posts by bangerlm

I did hypnobabies and for me labor felt like callieollie's second. Just felt tightening tightening and just when it was getting too tight it subsided and I got a rest. WHen pushing came I felt like I was being electrocuted/shocked/jolted. They didn't grow and grow and peak. They just came as a really strong urge. If I had known they were going to be like that I would have been able to relax through them, but I didn't. But this time I do. But I totally agree with...
I tore with my first one and pretty bad, but I honestly didn't know until the midwife told me. I didn't feel anything while she was stitching me up, and I was a little bit sore but it was just a small irritation and I was fine within a month. So in my experience tearing sounds much scarier than it really is. I've heard fish oil supplement can help since it makes your skin elasticy. I totally recommend taking a fish oil supplement anyways. I have noticed immediate...
My mom went two weeks late with me and was in labor for 24 hours. I went three weeks early and was in labor for 6.5. So luckily not. However my mom did have all bigger than avg babies even though my whole family is tiny. And my dd was 7lbs 6oz at 3 weeks early, so I guess that was the similar.
Could you LO send a note to my LO? I want my LO to stop without a fuss. No luck so far.
So I swore I felt kicks from the outside at 10 weeks, my mom and dh both felt whatever it was. My mom said it was food passing through my intestines, but it truly felt like baby kicks to me, but totally in the wrong spot of where it should have been (up by my belly button). Now at 13 weeks I felt a noticable eek you squished me kick when I bent over. I've been feeling bumps for the last week. I'm starting to wonder if my due date is wrong. I feel pretty certain on it....
I did the hypnobabies home study with my first and am doing it again with my second. I really recommend it. It is a little cheesy, but I really liked it. You don't have to listen to the cd's during labor. A lot of women don't, but I did. Basically the hypnosis scripts you listen to before labor give you three relaxation cues. The word Peace, the word Relax, and dropping your finger, and you get two levels of hypnosis "Off" which is where you aren't moving and...
I started at 19 weeks last time. I really liked the relaxation and affirmations early in the pregnancy, but I did get out of steam by the end. Add to the fact that my dd came 3 weeks early, right before I was going to practice every day again. This time I am going to start at 30 weeks and I bought the Peaceful Sleep Now cd to get the relaxation aspect before I start the actual course.
This is my second and I am definitely showing. I showed around 18 weeks with my first and 9 weeks with my second. I too am small 5'1" 106lbs and haven't gained any weight yet, but have gained 2.5 inches on my waist. Crazy! What I want to know is why do you show more after your first pregnancy? My uterus isn't any bigger. Does everything just clear out of the way ahead of time?
My dh was a little skeptical when I had my first. I was worried about how he would be during the birth. But he seemed to get more interested in doing research and being supportive the bigger I got, when he could actually feel the baby kick, etc. I think that is when it became more real for him. I initially was going to go with a family doc at a hospital, but after a few months of research I wanted to switch to the birth center. Dh didn't think it was a good idea...
thank you mamakay and Melissa those are the stories I need to hear.