or Connect

Posts by bangerlm

for a on-request breastfed infant/toddler to sleep through the night without CIO? Please tell me it is. I'm expecting another in May and my 20 month old still doesn't STTN (except maybe once or twice a month). The funny thing is my dd slept pretty good from 2.5 mths - 6 mths (6 hr stretches) and then at 6 mths she broke. j/k-sorta Now that we night weaned she is back to 6-7hr stretches sometimes or at least if she wakes she falls back to sleep pretty quickly if I...
Last time my dh was able to feel my dd at 18 weeks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Asher I keep feeling like an insistant soft tap tap tap at night. It almost feels like my pulse, but in my tummy. Go figure! I'm still in denial that it's babe, though. Me too. I was feeling some pretty rhythmic thumps the other day. Even dh could feel them. But they were high up (above belly button) but it really really felt like a baby kick. I think the baby was bouncing off the walls. My mom said it was food...
Well its gotten better. She has stopped freaking out if I tell her to wait and she doesn't ask 100 times during the day and cry whether I give it to her, because there is no milk, or if I tell her to wait. She still wakes up most nights at least once and asks but will usually go back to sleep without a fuss. But we are pretty much down to 4-5 times a day. Which right now my supply can handle. It wasn't handling more than that and it was just frustrating for both of us...
What is your plan? I am still bf my 18month old. We did night wean (kinda) because she wasn't nursing and going back to sleep, she was waiting an hour till more milk came in and then going back to sleep. She goes to bed at 9:30 and then I'll nurse her at 5:30am. So now instead of waking up every 3 hrs she will sleep 7 or 8 and then wake up every hour/hour and half from 4:30 till 8:30. Ugh. Anyways I don't really want to nurse while pregnant, and I don't want to...
If you go to meetup.com there are quite a few mom's groups listed there. I am part of a couple. Some are better than others. There is also MOMS club. I thought about joining it, but haven't had the time. There are also library story times, the YMCA has great programs, I have heard rumors of a babywearing group around, the puyallup parks and rec and sumner parks and rec have some programs as well.
Hey ladies. I've popped in here before, but my subscription to the thread always disappears and then I forget. Anyways I just found out I'm preggo. : I ended up switching to the pearl place midwives when I was 6 months preggo last time and going to the birthing inn. I'm pretty sure I want to do the birthing inn again, but I want to see what what my options are. I didn't have any specific complaints about the midwives at pearl place but just want to see what's out...
My dr prescribed iron pills for my dd at 6 months as well. I never filled the prescription. I never told her I didn't either. I think they just assume because breastmilk doesn't have much iron in it, it needs to be supplemented, and have never reeducated themselves. I think starting solids early does inhibit the absorption of iron so maybe if you started rice cereal at 4 months (like my dr suggested ) then they wouldn't absorb the iron as well and could get...
I nursed in a ring sling when my LO was younger and a marathon nurser. I basically just loosened up the sling with the ring opposite to the breast she was nursing from and basically just used the sling to hold her body, but still used my other arm to support her head. This way i could walk around, get myself something to drink, chill on the computer etc. But it wasn't hands free.
Ribbed crochet longies http://laurabangerter.servehttp.com/...et_longies.htm