or Connect

Posts by WeasleyMum

I don't know about putting a onsie *under* an outfit... My guys never had "outfits", per se, anyway.  In warm weather, they'd often wear just a onsie, or a onsie with soft, stretchy pants.  In cold weather, they wore those head-to-foot things with feet attached, day and night.     I think it comes down to, 'outfits'!  Some people really do dress their babies in real 'people clothes' every day, then change them into "pajamas" at night.  Others, (like me! ) think that the...
I live in an urban neighborhood in a small city, and we keep chickens!  A few tips: as the above posters mentioned, cleanliness is everything.  Chickens are like cats: when well maintained and not crowded, they don't smell.  But keep too many in a small space (like 5 cats in a small flat) or don't clean their poo, and the smell does get bad.  4 hens sounds perfect for a small yard!  It sounds like you've already got the garden in order, which is great-- keeping...
Ewww, i just sprayed coffe onto my ereader.
HUG.  Don't feel bad, you are doing everything you can for your baby!  BIG hugs.    
double post, sorry
Thanks you guys!   @Cat13, you had it right the first time-- I'm moving from stay-at-home to part-time work, not part-time to full-time.  So I've REALLY never done this before!  That's why DS is on a round-the-clock, demand-fed, non-schedule.   I think I'm only going to get one break (lunch) in an 8-hour shift, nobody has said anything about more breaks than that.  I probably can't pump enough in a half-hour break to cover the whole next day, right?  So far, I...
I'm going back to work part-time and have a 100% BF 7-month-old.  I bought a pump, but WHEN am I supposed to be able to pump enough milk for, say, an 8-hour day away from him when he's still nursing all the time?     Up until about 6 weeks ago, he was sleeping through the night and I thought I'd just pump in the evenings and on my lunch breaks, but he's started waking/ nursing at night too because his first set of teeth came in.     I got about 4 ounces this...
My baby (seven months) has dairy intolerance.  His main 'symptoms' were fussiness (esp. in the evening), 6-7 days between poops (this as a newborn), and stuffiness.  Once I cut out the dairy he stopped fussing, slept much better, started pooping every 1-4 days, and had no more stuffy nose.  So, the nose thing sounds similar, but the poop sounds way way different.     The good thing about dietary issues is that they're easy to diagnose; a two-week purge of the food in...
I had exactly the same issue last fall, when my older DS was 16 months or so.  For us, the solution was to drop a nap (he was taking two naps of about an hour each, morning and afternoon).  It took about a week to adjust to getting through the afternoon without that second nap, but it really helped with bedtime!  
That's what we have, too, because our house is really small.  I'd recommend getting the largest size bed you can (within reason, like a twin) for a couple of reasons.  For one, they grow so fast!  Better to get one bed that will last from now till he moves out, then to be continually buying new ones.  If you get a Thomas bed or something, he'll only be able to use it for a few years max (or even like it for that long) and then what do you do with it-- sell it?  Donate...