or Connect

Posts by moon.mom

I've been looking at the Christopherus K for your 3-6 year old, the Joyful Movement and the Drawing books... Anyone know anything? Have any opinions? Thanks!
thanks so much for posting this- I recently found a brown spot on my dd back molar (she's almost 3) and i know it's a hole- b/c i scaped at it- it's a little indention. How does anyone respond when someone says, "Oh- you shouldn't breastfeed them to sleep- that causes cavities!" I have always had lots of cavities- so i know she's probably gonna be like me. oh well... thanks for posting this! i appreciate reading everyone's advice!
Someone already the Llama Llama books- and I have to say- my dd loves them! We even act them out! she mostly likes books with rhyming words- and after we've read it a couple of times- I leave off the final rhyme on the page- and she likes to fill in the blank- traditional nursery rhymes are good too- she loves "hey diddle diddle"
not just sometimes. doesn't matter what i dry. i must have enough purple clothes and towels that I permanently have purple dryer lint. It's pretty, too. anyone know any crafts i can do with it?
I just moved a twin next to our queen yesterday. we've co-slept with our 33 mo. old dd- and my dh slept on the twin- we had the queen. it was wonderful!!! Question: I'm crunchy enough to not be worried about what our bedroom "looks like"- we aren't better homes and garden material- by any means- but does anyone have any suggestions for sheets...comforters...??? I don't have any twin sheets- i just tucked another queen one- to make it fit. What have you all...
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a "vanishing twin" at 8 weeks or so. I bled- and was fearful. You are right- it isn't something that is talked about much. I think because it is *new* By that I mean- before science/medicine created this way of "proof" for early on- (sonnagrams, etc.) women might have never known. I like the memorial idea. I struggle with whether to tell our dd or not. My husband doesn't think we should. I fear that if I never tell...
I agree with everyone. AND I understand your fears/worries. We have a little one, too. She is 33 months old and weighs about 22 lbs. Developmentally- she is sharp- funny- curious- wonders out loud- still breastfeeds when we are together... eats pretty good now. I quit looking at the charts about a year ago. The WHO one is better if you want to look at one. I know it's hard when you look at/talk to other mothers. Example: a baby in our church- 7 months...
my little 33 month old has accents all over the place- and we ARE southern... very southern... central texas-draw out the one syllable words to 4- type southern... Her name is Merry- I say it with "eh" sound. She told me yesterday, "No Momma, say 'm- AIR- REEEEEE' that's from being around my mother during the holidays... LOL she watches Cailou- Canadian- right??? I'm hoping some of that will rub off- but our school speech therapist told me that kids...
Texas has a lot of good "alternative certification" programs. I have known several teachers who did this and are very well prepared. Better than traditional university programs in many cases. The ESC Region 12 has an excellent one. They actually teach you classroom management styles and methods- which is a huge new teacher issue. I just went through the alternative certification for principals and it was really good also.
I have taught 6th, 7th and 8th grade Reading, Language Arts, and Health for 5 years. I NEED A BREAK!!!: I agree with someone who said that it's all about YOUR personality... I told my principal today that I think I need to either go lower elementary or high school for awhile... Middle schoolers (at least ours) have soooooooooooooo much drama! Drama that doesn't even make sense to me...and I'm real understanding and patient and compassionate. Seems like...