or Connect

Posts by moon.mom

Our 27 month old dd pointed at dh's crotch the other day when he got out of the shower and she said, "HOT DOG!" dh quickly put a towel around his waist. I explained that that was Daddy's penis- not a hot dog. dh isn't going to be so open about getting out of the shower now... Any new names??? This thread makes me laugh...
We have this problem too! Only our dd is 2 1/2 Any advice for toddlers refusing to get into their car seats??? We get lots of bad advice- "force her in" "let her cry" Which we do NOT do. Sometimes she needs to pee or poop- so we wait that out. Now that she's able to communicate more- I'm hoping she'll start telling me. I guess it's just the age. We response gently and calmly- even though we are frustrated... My dh pulls out a book and reads while I nurse...
Hello- I've never explored this part of MDC before... My name is Moon.mom and I've lived in Texas for most of my life. (brief stays in Tennessee, Kansas and Washington) I'm a public school educator. (for 7 years) I attended public school K - 12 in central/west Texas- small town. My first year teaching(5th grade)- I had a girl who was so needy. I loved her and worked with her so much... her home life was a wreck... she was pushing/shoving one day- I calmly ask...
my uncle works at a Valero in Houston, TX he says to NEVER drink the tea or eat the cheese or chilli- (obviously unless you know the people who work there- or you can tell it's clean) He gets really frustrated at his co-workers...
Thank you so much for all the excerpts. These give me hope and courage to continue what I'm doing with my daughter.
I just got back from camping in Colorado- I even wore SHORTS when it was warm enough...!!! Yay for my hairy-boldness! One of the camphosts just stared like crazy for about 5 seconds- then their eyes moved back up to my face. I thought it was funny. "I have a question, perhaps someone can answer. What is the average length of hair, and by this I mean pubic? Lol, just a question that I think will be viewed strangely in another forum" hmmmm- interesting question. I...
Thanks for posting this! joy
I think I read on a post here at mdc.com- doctors are not trained in nutrition and sleeping arrangements. they might take a class on nutrition- but unless they specialize in it- they aren't experts on it. maybe they think that a baby/toddler will drink MORE if it's from a bottle or sippy cup.... maybe they think the baby has to work too hard to get it from the breast??? IDK I've been really lucky/blessed with a pedi. that understands some babies are just small. ...
my dh gives her rice beverage when I'm not around now. (I pumped when she was little) anytime she's had ice cream- she gets runny poop at Grandma's house- she drinks cow milk- and gets lots of runny poop but here at home- she eats lots of plain yogurt- and it's no problem. so is she just not used to it? i don't know. we don't keep cow milk here at home. dh is lactose int.
our 2 1/2 year is really unpredictable with sleep, too. it gets frustrating for both dh and I I'd love to hear some suggestions... the consistent wake up time would work- if my dh would wake up consistently...but he's unpredictable,too. I'm the only one with a predictable sleep pattern... Maybe that's the problem... :-)