or Connect

Posts by moon.mom

my dd was like that some...but not all the time. has she been sick? or teething? my dd sleeps really soundly for her nap- like after nursing for 20 minutes usually she'll just let go. But NOT at night...she's attached for an hour or two. I get tired,too. I'd like to get up and do some housework or whatever... I keep telling myself it won't be forever. And I probably need the rest, too. (That's what I tell myself!) LOL
We aren't strict with sleep schedules either. My suggestion would be to not nap her after a certain time- you'd probably have to experiment with what that certain time is. It might take a few days- and you might have to really distract her during that time when she wants to go to sleep. I take my 23 mon. dd outside- pick up sticks- do things to keep her mind off nursing to sleep. We are struggling with nap times right now- she wants to nap late in the afternoon- so I...
We wonder if we should be "sleep training" our naps, too. But we won't. We're too unorganized! Ha! our DD- 23 mon. old will not nap until i get home these days- which is usually 4 pm. Last week I experimented and kept her awake- didn't let her nap- we just played and I kept her busy- until 7 pm she fell asleep in my arms- nursing of course. but she was down for the night. She slept her normal 12-13 hours. Sometimes I worry that we are screwing up her...
Welcome from the Waco area!
Yeah- our dr. asked about it at first- but now he knows the deal. We stick to "business"- how we sleep is NOT his business. I'm so grateful that he doesn't "bother" us about anything. Our dd is little- at 22 months she's 20 lbs. 30 inches tall I've read some horror stories of doctors...even calling CPS! :-( Co-sleeping just feels so natural- like I imagine my ancestors all slept- in caves! ha! it's cozy, comforting and we all feel secure. Good for your...
DH will try dancing with her to Enya or new age stuff (Goddess or other Troika CD) They read stories- they sing- i think he basically tries to wear her down- carrying her around- I think he needs to get a "routine" of some kind....and try to do it everyday...otherwise they will be miserable... He cracks me up- today he found some really intellectual podcast that he wanted to listen to anyway- of course it was really boring to her...he said did the trick! So yeah!...
Help! dd won't nap until I get home from work at 4 pm- and the past few weeks she has been sleeping for 4 hours! yes- a nap from 4 - 8 pm Yes- we co-sleep Yes- i nurse her to sleep at night- AND naps on the weekends. (And her new 4:00 pm naps now...) Daddy used to dance or walk her to sleep around 2 not working anymore- he's frustrated- dd is so tired but fights the nap. very frustrating- Is this just a phase? What can my dh try to get her to sleep? We are...
I hear you! My daughter is the same way right now- she's 22 months old. I just get comfortable at night and don't worry about it. I teach school- so no worries during the day- but in the afternoon when I get home- it's latch on to Mommy time- and yes- her teeth hurt! I try to distract her when I know she's not hungry and we've spent some time cuddling and talking and singing and reading. Lately- she has been not wanting me to get out of bed in the mornings. she...
I have a friend who nursed her son til after his 5th b-day. He remembers it- and it's okay. (He's 7 now) He's a "normal" 7 year old. Into pirate stuff, etc. They homeschool- so it's not like "come here and nurse before you go to school..." I'll try to get my friend to post. I dated a guy in grad school who said he could remember nursing- he could really remember when it got taken away- he was resentful- but wow! did he love breasts... He was the youngest of 15...
I'm a first time momma- so I don't know if this is common or unusual- My 20 mo. dd pretends to be picking things up off the floor and hands them to us. She is so serious about it- and smiles when we say thank you. Anyone seen anything like that?