or Connect

Posts by Everrgreen

Hi ladies,   I hope everyone is doing well.  I'm sorry I can't respond to everyone right now.  Just wanted to update on me.  I started a new job yesterday, permanent, in my home town, and in my field.  So I feel like I won the lottery with it.    But, in other news.  Today I found out that my moms treatment isn't working and there is nothing more they can do for her.  Even though I knew she was sick I can't seem to accept that she will actually be gone.  I'm not really...
Hey everyone!     I haven't been on in a while and hope everyone is doing well :)   R had his 5th birthday a couple weeks ago and it was lots of fun.  We had it at an indoor play place and he was so happy with it.  I was glad I splurged on it even though money is a bit tight right now.  I'm still unemployed :/  I didn't get the one job I interviewed for but I have an even better one I'm interviewing for in 2 weeks.  So hopefully I'll get it!   I've been incredibly...
Hello ladies!   I have been reading new posts but haven't responded in a long while.  Things have been stressful.  I did find out that I passed my exam!  So that's exciting :)  And I have a job interview in 2 weeks which I really hope I get.  But it's very stressful being unemployed and now knowing what will happen.  And my mom's health isn't good.  I'm really worried about her.  Just feeling down about a lot of things I guess.   Our Christmas was good though, R liked...
 R's favourite things would probably be super heroes/action figures, airplanes and helicopters, and yes, of course, guns...  I try and keep things gun free but he still turns everything into a gun.  He built one with his lego.  Gah.. Oh well..   Just the last few days he's been into making lists and trying to sound out how the words are spelled.  It really varies day by day what he's playing with.  He's such a perfectionist with his lists, he'll need an entire new piece of...
Mal - I'm so sorry that things are hard right now.  I really hope that your mom gets a break and all the treatments go smoothly.  It's such a difficult process.  I'm thinking of you.   Starling - I'm so impressed with Esme!  I wish she could have come when I met you last spring, she seems like such a smart kid!  I'm not sure what Royce would think of a dissection class.. Likely he'd love it too :)  I'm always impressed with the things he says and the ideas and questions...
Hey everyone!  How are things?  I want some updates :)   I had my big oral exam yesterday.  And I'm no less stressed now than I was before.  I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks until I find out if I passed.  And I feel like I did ok, but I know the marking can be very specific, so that makes me nervous.  Hopefully I passed.  It would be so bad if I didn't :(  My career would be delayed another 6 months, not to mention the financial stress that would cause.  Gah.  Oh well.   My...
Sue - YAY!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!  I'm so excited for you :)     Mal - I'm glad to hear your move went well!  It is so bittersweet seeing our babies growing up and becoming more and more independent.  I hope things with your mom continue to go well.  There's so many treatments available now.  It's hard going through it though, I know.   AFM - Louis is doing well, I'm trying to paper train him and he's doing pretty good, but still improvement needed :P   Today is a study...
Introducing Louis <3   Our first night is going well so far!  I'm excited about him, feeling slightly like 'what have I done' :P  But mostly excited :)  Royce had so much fun playing with the puppies and helping choose which one (well, mostly it involved me convincing/telling him that we were getting this one :P )  He really wanted a girl for some reason, but he's happy with this little guy.     AK - Oh it's so exciting to be finding out if it's a boy or girl!!  This...
Hey everyone!  Just had to share some possibly exciting news, I think we're getting a dog tomorrow!!  We're driving about 2 hours away to see some puppies that look perfect for us, and if all goes well we'll bring one home with us!  So exciting :)  I feel like I'm probably crazy and might regret this, but I think it will be really awesome for Royce and for me too :P  R and I are debating names at the moment.  I'll have to update you all after tomorrow!
Mal - I'm glad things are a little brighter for you and for your mom.  I've been thinking of you!  I'm glad everything went well with Owyn's surgery!   JK is just the first year of kindergarten, his class has both JK and SK in it (so some 3 year olds (late bdays), mostly 4 and 5).  It's full day every day in most schools in Ontario (it used to be either half day, or every other day, for both JK and SK).  He also does the before and after school program so he's there from...