or Connect

Posts by Everrgreen

Happy Birthday to Esme, Makenna, and Fiona!!!  FOUR YEAR OLDS EVERYWHERE!  Hope everyone is having great celebrations :)   I've been so busy it's ridiculous.  I'm not doing so well personally.  I'm depressed, stressed, and I feel like I'm falling apart.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm trying to just focus on one day at a time but I get so down sometimes it's hard to see the light.     Anyway, I still like to check in here and see what everyone's up to, but I don't...
I took R for his first real haircut today.  He looks so grown up!  I can't believe he's almost 4 (on Friday!)  He's having a little birthday party next Saturday and has invited 4 friends, so far 2 can come I haven't heard from the other parents yet.  Hopefully they can come too.  I start back to class on Monday and have to make the commute 5 days a week this semester.  It's going to be exhausting, but it's the last one so that helps.  
Courtney - Life does sound busy for you!  I think it's awesome that you've gone back to school.  It flies by!  I'm done in April, crazy!!  I've started applying for jobs now.  I'm sooo looking forward to actually making some money.  And I also want to get a house in the country once I'm working :D   Cindy - I'm so jealous of your trip!!  I'm trying to figure something out for my birthday which is the Thursday before Easter weekend.  So I thought I could give myself a...
I'm ready to go back to school.  I'm bored and R is driving me nuts.  Just this week left though and R goes back to daycare this Friday.  We did some visiting just before Christmas and over New Years but we've also had lots of down time at home which is nice.  Although the past week since we got back we've been sick, first him then me.  So that wasn't good.  And today we were both feeling better and I was going to take him skating but had to run a couple errands first...
Starling - I think you should do what feels right for now, and not worry about whether it will still work when they are teenagers.  I agree that small towns and access to nature is awesome!  And I think it would still be awesome for teens.  They will leave for university at 18 and have many years to experience larger cities if that's what they want.  And I'm sure there will still be lots of opportunity for developing friendships.  When I start working and can actually...
Mal - Even some foodborne illnesses can be spread person to person, so make sure there's lots of good handwashing going on!  Hope he feels better :)   Cindy - Great playspace!  R would have that destroyed in seconds.  Crafts are not his thing :/  And it took a very very long time for R to be able to stay alone in the evening.  It sucked and I never really found a solution.   Sue - I hope you get an answer on something soon.  I've been in limbo for what feels like...
So how was everyone's Christmas??  The last few days have been so busy for us!  But fun :)  Royce had a blast, he was so excited Christmas eve and had so much fun Christmas day.  He did have a meltdown Christmas morning and I was really frustrated with him.  He was being so whiney and crying that he wanted more presents.  He said he didn't like one thing that I got him and threw it :/  So I lost it at him and then he started crying.  I took him to his room so I could...
Sue - Good luck to your hubby!     Erin - I agree, not mean.  I'm having a hard time getting into the whole Santa thing too.  But I'm trying.  We went to see Santa at the mall today, R seemed interested and told him what he wants.  R has been a bit difficult, wanting a new toy every time we go to the store, and being sooo whiney when I say no.  It's driving me nuts.  I have in the past occasionally let him pick something out just for fun, but now he's acting like...
I'm also feeling so heartbroken over the deaths in Connecticut.  It's haunting me and I need to stop reading the news updates.  I think about how scared those children must have been.  And the parents finding out.  It's hard not to relate it to R and think about the terrifying what ifs..  Sometimes we have such rushed mornings and I'm not always as pleasant to him as I should be.  But I drop him off and think oh well I'll make it up to him when I pick him up.  I can't...
Erin - I just asked R to draw a picture of a person and a dinosaur and write his name.  Here's the result (2 people with "crazy hair" and a dinosaur/alligator with lots of "crazy hair")  This is the best I've ever seen him write his name :)       I wrote my last exam today!!  I'm DONE for a whole month :D  Movie night with R tonight :)