or Connect

Posts by Everrgreen

Mal - Poor Owyn!  I hope she recovers quickly.  How is her language?  If it's something you're going to worry about it might be good to make the appointment just to be sure.  I think it would concern me more if it seemed like her hearing was getting worse, I'd want to know why.   Starling - That is so very sad.  I can't even imagine.  My public health studies have made me so paranoid about all these horrible things that can happen (rarely, but they do).  It's...
Nilla - Oh wow, I can't imagine.  I'm so glad everyone is ok.  Just thinking about it all makes me nauseous.  I remember seeing the totalled car from an accident my ex was in before we got married.  He walked away with just some scratches, but seeing that car... It was horrible.  Try not to 'what if' things too much.  *hugs*
I would happily splurge on plane tickets somewhere for a meet up :D  There's some great options for destinations amongst us!  Something in the summer would be nice.  It would be really awesome if we could make this happen.  Would anyone be interested in being the destination spot?  Maybe somewhere we could camp would be fun?     Courtney - That's too bad about the school but it does make sense.  I think your girls will excel no matter where they are :)  It has been a...
Starling - I hope Hawksley is all better now!  What a scary thing to go through :(   I just had a trip down memory lane with our old threads.  A friend asked me something about R from when he was younger and I couldn't remember (she asked if he ever banged his head on purpose if he didn't get his way).  I don't think he ever did this.  Anyway, I said "I wish I'd kept a journal of all this stuff because it's hard to remember", and then I realized I could probably look...
Hey everyone!  I haven't posted here in a while, life has been busy and I've been stressed.   Mal - I hope you get an offer soon!  I hate the stress of that.  It sounds like things are going well, sleeping through the night is always awesome :)     Starling - That is so disappointing about the van.  And you have so much going on right now.  Big hugs Mama!  Will you get some down time over Christmas?     Nilla - That's a big decision, it sounds like you're...
Starling - I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend.  What a heartbreaking loss for everyone.  R has had a few deaths, but no one that was a regular part of our life (3 of his great grandparents, and my foster brother).  The hardest was my foster brother last December.  He still will randomly ask about him, but he knows he died, unfortunately he also overheard my mom say something about how he died (fire) and so sometimes he will say that.  My mom and aunt are very...
Kate - I've reconnected with the guy I first dated after my ex.. Early 2011, we dated for only a month.  We both fell for each other really quick and it got too intense and then everything got messed up.  So this time we're taking things slower.  We reconnected in July and emailed a bit at the time.  He works really close to where I got to school so in September we met up for lunch, then another day we met for tea, now we've been texting and are going to go on a real...
Cindy - A good LC can make such a huge difference!  I am SO thankful to two that helped me when R was born.     Starling - WOW!  That sounds sooo busy!  I'm glad you survived it and the rest of the family did well :)   Re wrestling - That wouldn't be allowed at daycare and the only kid his age he plays with is his sweet sensitive cousin who I can't imagine wrestling.  But, R LOVES to wrestle with his older cousins (who initiate it).  And also my friend's husband...
Does anyone here have either the Leapfrog LeapPad Explorer or the VTech Innotab?  I was thinking of recommending this as a xmas gift for my mom to get for R..  I'm sort of leaning towards the Innotab but wanted to see if anyone here has used these.  
Cindy - I'm so glad to hear that things went so well!  It's always so wonderfully surreal when you finally have your baby in your arms.  And it's great that M got to be there :)  Can't wait to see more pics!   AK - Snow!  Wow..  I'm enjoying the cooler weather but not quite ready for snow.  I just like the cool crisp fall weather :)  Although this week it's supposed to be a bit warmer.   Mal - That fair sounds so fun!  And that's awesome you and your hubby got a...