or Connect

Posts by Everrgreen

Cindy - Congrats again!!  She is absolutely precious!  Can't wait to hear about the birth :)  What does M think??   Nilla - I'm right there with you with school and work and nothing else.  It's exhausting and I feel like R is a bit neglected.  Although we've had some one on one time last night and tonight so we watched movies and hung out :)   Erin - Wow, K's understanding of letters and phonics is so impressive!  I love the things/questions that 3 year olds come...
Hey!  This will be quick, I'm trying to keep up with everyone's updates but it's hard to find time to post something myself!  I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed with school but I know I'll get through it.  We actually have a reading week after Thanksgiving so that's in only 2 weeks.  And then after that is all the midterms and assignments :/  I also have a distance ed class which is a lot of work, lots of discussions and more of a sociology-type class which is so not...
Starling - So what's your fb status all about?  New part time job?  I hope things are going ok with your mom.  I think you're right to stand your ground, even though I'm sure it's hard.   Sue - That's very frustrating.  Hopefully she gets back to you..   Mal - Yeah that would be really bother me too.  It's strange why she acts that way.  In-laws can be frustrating to deal with :/   Erin - Hope all the book editing is going well!   Nilla - What a load of...
Starling - I think you made the right decision, even if it is a tough one.  *hugs*  I'm sorry :(  I hope things go ok with the work counsellor.  I totally understand your concerns.  Parenting has made me so much more sensitive about some things.   Cindy - Thanks for the links!  I love the idea of filling a freezer with chopped ready-to-go meat/veggies to add to recipes.  I don't have room for much but for just R and I it wouldn't be too hard to have a couple weeks of...
So exciting all the little ones heading to preschool :)  R has been in daycare full time for a year now (his daycare is very much like a preschool).  It does seem strange how much time he spends there.  On days I work he's there from 7:30am until 4pm.  And when I don't work it's usually 9am-4pm (sometimes I keep him home instead).  It makes me a bit sad when I think about how much time we used to spend together when I was home with him.  We were together 24/7!  Lately I...
I forgot I wanted to vent about R lol!  Probably because he wasn't with me and now he's home again :P  So after spending the whole weekend with him I realized his meltdowns are ridiculously out of hand.  He flips out over so many little things and I feel like I'm constantly threatening or bribing him.  I wish I had a better way to get him to stop freaking out.  I wish he wouldn't freak out in the first place!  Example from last night:  I went to the park with my cousin...
Erin - Gah!  What a bad way to start an email.  I'm so glad he's ok.     As for relationship issues, mine are a whole other department lol!  Being alone sucks.  But I also wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who didn't pull their weight and help with family responsibilities.  I guess I'm a bit bitter about the whole thing so maybe I shouldn't even chime in here..  But I see these couples where the woman puts up with so much crap (mostly laziness) just...
Cindy - I really like Rose and Elyse.  I like Tea too, but I feel like it would constantly be mispronounced and that might be annoying..     Kate - Congrats on finishing the exam!  I think opening your own practice would be great - do it!  (I say that as someone who knows nothing about opening a practice, but it sounds like a great idea :P)  I love the pic of your girls, they are gorgeous!  And it's funny they are looking in opposite directions, they look like they...
Count me in as ready for fall!  We're having a bit of cool weather here and I love it - high of 20oC, cloudy and rainy :)  I'm also looking forward to going back to school.  Although I still need to enjoy my 3 weeks between the end of the summer course and the new classes!   I wish I had more mom friends.  I've moved around too much :(  And it's so much harder to connect at this age (especially because I'm not home with him anymore and we're busy).  R gets enough...
Starling - Wow!  Just saw the post with E's painting.  Very impressive!  R mostly just scribbles, he doesn't colour in the lines, he can draw some shapes..  Here is an example of the best thing R has drawn ('people' on our chalkboard wall - he was trying to copy something I had done where I'd traced his body on the wall and then added the face :P)