or Connect

Posts by Everrgreen

mckittre - I try and introduce R to different things and I figure at some point down the road he will want to focus on something specific (and hope he does because I think it's really important to find something you can excel at).  His dad was a pro golfer so he might have that in him and I have taken him to the driving range and will continue with that.  I'll probably have him try different sports, also music/dance.  I think too as he gets older I'll be able to tell...
Thanks Cindy :)  And I did keep him home and we went to the beach (the pics are from that day).  It was really nice.  I'm going to keep him home a day next week too.  Maybe do another beach day!   How are things with the clingyness?  I think I would vote for some tough love in this case..  I would leave her at the Y, she'll get used to it.  R cried when he first started going to daycare but then he adjusted and now he loves it.  I think it will be good for her in the...
Erin - Wow!  That sounds awesome :)  I wish I could do a big camping trip, I never seem to have the time.  I want to take R camping this summer but that will just be car camping for a night :P   Cindy - Definitely get yourself a babysitter!  I don't know if it will help her be less clingy when she's with you, but at least you'll get some breaks from all the contact.  R always wants to snuggle.  He's in daycare full time so mostly I don't mind it when we're together...
Nilla - I long while ago I taught R what it means to be 'frustrated', so now if he's freaking out, I'll get down on his level and ask him if he is frustrated and if he needs a hug.  Sometimes I have to ask a couple times, sometimes I will hold him and ask gently in his ear.  But almost always he stops immediately and says "yes I'm frustrated, I need a hug".  I'll hold him for a minute, maybe explain why we can't do whatever he was upset about or try and distract...
Nilla - Oh that's awkward..  Have you braved telling her yet?     Sue - I'm assuming your hubby is finally home!!  Yay :)   Mal - That's great that Owyn is loving swimming!  R starts on Thursday.  My mom took him to the pool today and he loved it!  Hopefully this will go better than soccer.   Starling - Wow, that is an awesome score!  As for the one nap a day, I remember with R I just kept pushing his morning nap later and later until it was after lunch and...
Sue - Happy Anniversary!  So cute that Maeve said her first word!  Wasn't she just born?? Crazy!  I'm not sure if it's just my experience or if it's a regional thing, but Papa is what R calls his Grandpa (and what my ex-FIL goes by for his grandkids).  I wonder if people get confused when R talks about 'Papa' to other people..  I never thought about that..   I've had a few people comment to me recently about how cute it is that R still calls me Mama, I guess most kids...
My talk with bus guy went well.  He apologized for ignoring me this week, admitted it was wrong and mean and promised never to do it again.  I'm forgiving him because he really does have a lot going on and I haven't been as helpful as I could have been the last couple weeks.  I guess I didn't realize how stressed he was (which in hindsight I clearly should have realized).  But he isn't mad at me about it, it was just a communication problem which we are going to be...
Finally heard from my bus guy.  He is very stressed and sort of having a life crisis at the moment it seems (for a couple legitimate reasons)..  I'm going to see him tomorrow for an in-person chat.  It's not for sure over at this point.  I need to see what happens tomorrow.  I really want to be mad at him for leaving me in silence for so long but I may need to wait until he's feeling better.  Definitely if we stay together that needs to be addressed because I'm not ok...
Cindy - Wow, that's a big family!  Must be quite exciting in their house.  I can't imagine!  I'm sure it'll be fun to have them.  R would be thrilled to have company like that around :)     Sue - Yikes, I'm glad you found all that out about the violin teacher.  Recruiting the young student sounds like a great plan.  I would love to introduce R to music somehow.  Maybe in the fall.  Soccer isn't working out too well, it requires lots of encouragement/bribery to get...
When I left on Sunday he said he would text later and take R and I for ice cream.  But I never heard from him.  I'm actually a bit worried.  But most likely he's just being the typical a$$ that all guys seem to be.  I'm exhausted from it though.  I've been completely stressed all week and I'm having nightmares and I wake up constantly.  If he's just giving me the silent treatment for no good reason then that is so cruel.  And I'm not really sure what a good reason would...