or Connect

Posts by Everrgreen

Hey ladies, I'm having a rough week.  I haven't heard from my bus guy since Sunday morning.  He's not responding to my texts or answering when I call.  I think he's ending things via the silent treatment which is so so pathetic.  And I'm totally confused as to why..  Things seemed like they were going really well and when we parted ways Sunday morning everything seemed fine.  Why do I always end up wondering what the hell is going on :(  
Gah.. Meltdowns = daily.  R is just so emotional about everything.  This morning I had to work early so I was up before him so I could get showered, well he had a meltdown as soon as he woke up because I was already up.  He had a meltdown because he wanted me to carry him to the kitchen (which I did, because we were in a hurry and otherwise he would have stayed in bed freaking out forever).  He *didn't* have a meltdown about breakfast which is surprising (usually he asks...
  Yep :)   Starling - lol!  And I won't respond to any mile high club comments.. We were only 3500 feet :P   Re Helping - R *loves* to help!  I try and let him as much as possible but sometimes I'm in a hurry and I just want it done.  Your list is great Sue!  I may have to keep some of those in mind for a rainy day :)  I find we are so busy now that we don't have a lot of down time..  R is in daycare full time, I'm now going to be working Saturdays, that just leaves...
Courtney - the food fight party looks like it was so much fun!!  I would love to host something like that someday.  Maybe as an end of the school year party when R is a bit older.   It's funny, R is so good about leaving me and being independent if it involves playing with other kids.  But at home he can be so clingy and rarely plays alone.  He just needs to be with someone I guess, but it doesn't matter if it's me lol!  I'm going to get him into swimming this summer...
Welcome back Starling!!  H does sound like a great baby!  The more I see other babies the more I realize just how difficult R was.  I think I rolled with it pretty good at the time and just assumed a lot of it was typical baby stuff or due to me being on my own.  I also think he's a difficult toddler/preschooler lol.  Maybe it's just me :P     As for biking - R is still in his Wee Ride Kangaroo seat which is in front of me.  This will likely be the last summer for it...
Kate - You have so much going on!  It sounds like things are going well though.  Hopefully you stop having pain soon, that part is not fun at all :(  And studying for the bar exam??  Good luck!!   AFM - I should be hearing about the job today but I'm sure I've got it.  One of my references is my friend and she was called this morning and they thought I was perfect for the job :)  So I'm sure they'll call soon.  I'm anxious to hear when I will start!  And R is...
Yep, boyfriend :)  So yes I have to shave regularly lol!  I actually had some sugaring done and am going again tomorrow, it hurts but the hair stays away for almost a month so it's worth it.  AND, yesterday I let him meet R.  It went very well.  I asked R after what he thought of him and he said "He's very nice and also beautiful" lol!  I'm excited about where this is headed right now :)   Erin - I'm glad you're getting some nice weather!!  I can't imagine the snow...
Well I think I'm going to keep R at the daycare he's at.  I talked to my mom about it last night and she said she'd help with the extra costs to keep him there.  Which is such a relief because I was feeling so guilty about switching him.  The poor kid always seems to get the short end of the stick :(  I went to visit a home daycare today just to see but I'm even more sure I want to keep him where he is.  The woman seemed very nice and she has a great schedule with lots...
The daycare he's at is full time only.  My subsidy will only pay for days I'm scheduled to work.  So, if I have 3 shifts during Monday to Friday, the subsidy will pay for 3, and I have to pay for 2 (even though I'm not working, but the daycare requires full time coverage).  I really really want him to stay there but I can't justify the extra cost.  I'm only going to be making minimum wage.  I emailed my mom asking if she'd consider paying for the extra days so maybe that...
Just thought I'd check in here :)  So, I had my job interview today and it looks like the job is mine.  She's checking references tomorrow and then said she'd call Monday and needs me to start immediately.  Woohoo!  I have to pay out of pocket for next week's daycare which sucks.  If I get a couple shifts I might get some reimbursed though.  And it turns out I have to switch R to home daycare anyway.  The job is only part time and involves Saturdays so the daycare he's...