or Connect

Posts by FiddleMama

You could use it in a fruit smoothie! I agree that it's probably the freezing/reheating that make it taste a little off.
Just popping in to mention that you should feel really good about the amount that you've been able to cut back. That makes a big difference for your health and the baby's health too. Secondhand smoke is a huge danger and you've made some very responsible decisions in that regard. Is there any chance that you can get everyone, or anyone, on board to quit with you? That would help so much. You've done a great job so far. Keep up the awesome work! You should feel...
Hi Sarah (and everyone)! We go to Dr. Peterson too. He's great. He's also very fast and straightforward which is a plus for us. He has 4 kids and doesn't seem to be phased by anything. I didn't realize the Wednesday playdate at the mall was a regular thing- we might try to come sometime too! Your chiro is our yoga teacher's husband. She's awesome too- here's her website if you haven't come across it yet. We're big fans of the Children's Museum here also we go...
Quote: Our BIG treat is going to Iowa City 2 or 3 times a year to buy at Prairie Lights bookstore. We spend between $300 and $500 each trip, but we look forward to it for months and revise and revise our lists in anticipation. I have been happily sharing a car and shopping at Aldi, but I don't want to give up our bookstore trips. Hey mama, thanks for doing your part to support an an AWESOME independent bookstore! I love Prairie Lights and try to...
My kid ate part of the couch today. I wish it had been a cricket- at least I know that would break down properly in his digestive system.
I've been dabbling since January of this year so I'm no expert, to say the least, but I'd like to keep an eye on this thread for tips, etc. The book that was really helpful to me was Natalia Rose's Raw Food Detox Diet and a website that has been really helpful and supportive is MDC mama Delight's Happy Foody. I also really like Karen Knowler. I'm about 50% raw on a good day and that's really all my budget and lifestyle can accommodate at this point. There are many raw...
Quote: Part of the reason we're repurposing our playroom and liquidating most of the kid stuff is, in all honesty, because I'm sick of our stuff not living up to someone else's standards. We have no kids--the fact that our kid-sized chairs aren't non-toxic naturally stained wood hand-hewn by magical gnomes shouldn't be a problem. Magical gnomes. *snort* Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Quote: We actually had someone pull their...
We have a Volvo C70 and love it. It's a very safe car.
I teach private music lessons in my home studio. I teach 10 hours a week and we have a babysitter come in to watch the kids during that time. Maybe some sort of private teaching/tutoring situation? Again, that would depend on your education and experience.
Thank you Starr! It's tomorrow- any other tips are welcome too!