or Connect

Posts by Mommylerkee

Forgot to mention, I do know that we have REALLY hard water. I can't even get the deposits out of our coffeepot it's so hard. What cofuses me is why didn't my UBCPFs smell like ammonia? Though now that I think of it, they did have a slightly "off" smell even after coming out of the dryer....it was more of a really faded poo smell though...
I know this has been asked so many times before, and I'm sorry, but I couldn't find an answer in the archives. I just got some new prefolds for DS, and they REEK of ammonia when I change him, doesn't matter how wet he is. I've never had this problem, and I've been using prefolds for 8 months. It's so bad in the morning that it literally knocks my breath away. When I got the diapers I washed them in 5 hot washes, dried in between each wash. Only used about 2 or 3...
And it's really cute flannel! It's light blue with "counting sheep" on it, I got it years ago with plans to make jammies for the girls. It was on clearance because it had been run over by a shopping cart and got dirty....I think I got six yards (maybe even more) for 11 bucks. Anyway, I want to try making some diapers out of it for Matt, but I don't know where to start. Advice? Pattern recommendation? So far all we've done are FuzziBunz and prefolds, but I'm ready to...
Works for me, thanks ladies!!
Do I measure while he's wearing a diaper or while he's a happy nakey boy? That one always confuses me....
I found a REALLY cute diaper on e-bay, but it's a WAHM I've never heard of. But I'm tempted to get it anyway. I've never heard of a suede inner though. Think it would work well? A linkie-pooh I LOVE this diaper! Matt's nickname is Cowboy....
I've got the itch to buy a new diaper. I want a mama-made pocket dipe, and since Becca's closed until she feels better I'm lost.... SPAM ME!
I HATE HATE HATE disposable nursing pads, can't stand the way they feel and they stink up like sour milk so much faster than washables. But all the washables I've ever bought either shrink really bad or wick the milk to my bra. Rather pointless to even wear the pad then. So are there any good WAHM or even name brand that work GOOD? (I asked this at the diapering board too, since there's so many nursing mama's there.) FWIW, I've used just about every brand out there...
I was lurking here and saw the subject, HAD to read and now must comment, lol... I've got a fairly foul mouth as well, and my girls call me on it. That wasn't always the case though. DD2 (3 years) picked up the habit a few months ago, and was using words in context. (Mostly aimed at her older sister.) Sooooo....we explained that 1) that's grown up language and until she's a grown up she shouldn't talk like that 2) It's really not nice for grown ups to talk like that...
I've been looking through various companies online to order some TTO and Lavendar. One site has this posted at the top of their page: "Any essential oil with a flashpoint lower than 149 degrees Farenheit (65 degrees Celsius) cannot ship via air or ocean without appropriate hazmat documentation. " Fine, that's great. They're being responsible shippers and I appreciate that. So I went to the description page to see what the flash points of both oils are. Most Lavendars...