or Connect

Posts by SiValleySteph

After reading this, I went on a search for my son's school's list. It's not too long, but very specific! Please bring items the first day of school. No mechanical pencils or gel pens, please. Please do not label any supplies. All are donated to the class to be shared. KINDERGARTEN: 15 glue sticks (Avery or UHU… can be found at Office Max, Office Depot or Costco. Please, no colored or purple glue sticks and no other brands as they will not last. Thanks!) 1...
It's an interesting choice. We went through the same thing when my older son was about 2. He had been in a center for almost 1-1/2 years. It had the same thing with moving up every 6 months. That was very negative for him. The move to the 2 year room went very badly due to teacher turnover (not the fault of the center necessarily, high risk pregnancy in one of the teachers, the secondary teacher didn't want to be the main teacher, the two new teachers didn't get along,...
Oh good, my babies are Asian so we can co-sleep.
I would just say I was going to the new mother's room. Once I was having a bad day and this guy was giving me flack for starting my meeting a little late and I was just fed up and said, "Excuse me, I was expressing breastmilk for my baby" to a meeting of about 10. Not my finest moment.
Hmmm... Gymboree has knit shorts with a drawstring. Would they be "too big" in his terms, if you have to cinch them in? My son is really skinny, but these work for him. I tie them so they will stay off, but he can still pull them on/off. They're $7.99 + 30% off right now.
I just bought this book about a week ago to use with my son who will be starting K in the fall. 5 lessons in, I'm not sure. It's not really holding his interest, so getting 5 minutes of attention out of him is very difficult and frustrating. I definitely see how the book works with the chunking, I can already see in just a couple lessons how he could progress. I don't know if we'll keep doing it, I'm not sure if it's worth me & him getting worked up over. I think...
We live in the Silicon Valley area and have memberships to 3 attractions right now - the childrens musuem, local zoo & park (closed for renvoation now, but we keep the membership and we get discounted/free admission to the other 2 zoos in the area), and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. We loved having the local zoo/park pass and would go there probably 2/month. It's close and easy and we'd just stay for a few hours. We didn't eat there unless avoidable as the food is not any...
I picked other. Probably closest to black-tie, 200+ guests, but it was neither black tie or 200 guests. We had 56 people, including ourselves, and it was a great wedding. No regrets at all! In fact, I wish we could do it again. It was on 4th of July and we all went out into the street to watch the city's fireworks display. So much fun!
Wow, I feel like I find so many great clothes for my boys! In fact, I can hardly resist buying more than they need (trying to hold it at ~10 outfits for summer since I wash once a week). I buy mostly at Gymboree with coupons and what not. I also like to make a few outfits for the summer. My son prefers shirts with some sort of picture, so we don't have as many plain t's. He helps pick his clothing. Examples of cute boy clothing...
My son's 1st birthday party was this past weekend and I would guess the party cost about $200. Most of the expense is food & drink, feeding 12 adults and 12 kids. $20 on beach balls for decoration/entertainment/favor (all in one ) $6 on paper goods (zooanimals paper plates, some extra white spoons, have plain white napkins bought in bulk for the last party) $10 on table cloth (will be used again & again) $8 balloons (not necessary, but we like having a few) $27...