or Connect

Posts by SiValleySteph

MissPrettyPretty, Thanks for your thoughts! I was referring only to make a personal use playhouse. DEFINITELY not for sale. And only once. I certainly don't have the inclination to do it multiple times! Also, I am making a generic house, not one of your unique beauty shop or garage ideas. I will send anyone who asks to your shop for sure! I was curious about the velcro fruit - is it okay to make velcro fruit?
I have been thinking about this because we have decided to make a card table play house for our son. This "inspiration" is this Etsy shop. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6117191 I was feeling bad about taking the idea and then I found this book: Sandra Betzina Sews For Your Home So obviously many ideas are from this book. Then is it okay to use some of the new ideas like velcro fruit for the tree? Just some things I had been wondering about. ETA -...
Our neighborhood has no HOA. Our street was all built in 1947. One thing I love about it is we all have 7ft tall fences in the backyard, so who knows what is going on in people's yards! Our entire street is all 1-story as well, so it really is private back there. My only fear is that the house next door might be torn down and turned in to a 2 story McMansion. Noooo! I hope that it will just get remodeled when the current owner moves out. He's been there 60 years and...
For my son's party last year (turning 4), the invites were addressed to "friend & family" and we provided lunch and drinks for everyone.
I love swimming and was a competitive swimmer for years in junior high and high school, water polo in college. I always wear a 2 piece. I got some tankinis after the birth of my 2nd son as I have a lot of stretch marks. I hated them! Back to the bikini... I just don't like all that fabric.
I have a super wetter. At night, I use a disposible diaper with a maxi pad sideways across the top , all covered in a wool wrap cover (Stacinator). For cloth, the pocket diaper* did not work for us as DS is a side sleeper. I have the most luck with the Happy Hempy pocket fitted diaper stuffed with a cotton prefold, all inside a wool pull-on soaker. However, the bulk required to hold DS makes it very difficult for him to move around and even nurse him as his butt is...
Quote: Originally Posted by honolula Did they use an egg donor? The penguins adopt a second egg from another family that could not take care of two eggs at once. It's a good book. My 4 year old has asked if boys can marry boys. I don't think it's odd to talk about. We said yes. He did ask if two boys can have a baby. I was a little stumped on that one - we went with, yes, but it's a little harder.
I did basically that method with my first son ... when he was 27 months old! : My second is almost 9 months now and I don't think I will wait as long this time. I'm exhausted and I think both my kids will benefit by me getting more sleep. I will see how it's going in a few months and then decide when is the right time.
I was one of the youngest in my class with a summer birthday and it didn't really affect me at all. I was always one of the top students in every school I was in. I can't see how there would have been any advantage in holding me back a year. My son will be one of the youngest with a September birthday. Here the cutoff is December 1st. I WOH, so I can't really justify an entire year more of childcare when he is ready to start school. He enjoys socializing with older...
Quote: Originally Posted by velochic Thanks for the reassurances. I hope they like it. I just can't imagine a cap of $50 per teacher... and that people might abuse that and buy them more? Wow! I think your gift sounds very nice. I would especially appreciate the fudge! That said, I can see why people might want to give $50 or more. The thinking that our children our our most precious resource and we are entrusting these teachers with...