or Connect

Posts by SiValleySteph

Quote: Originally Posted by sassafrass94 Last year, DH and I thought it would be a great idea to take the $50+ that we spend on siblings in a gift exchange to be pooled and used at Heifer International. ... Part of our problem is that there is affluence in both of our families. We decided to do this this year between my siblings families and ours. All 4 of us are pooling the money we would have spent on each other and my sister is choosing...
Both my son's have had mongolian spots. My youngest has one on his ankle which looks extremely like a bruise. Everytime I see it, I do a double take. The ped actually pointed it out to me. Also, ITA that raised and hairy is not a mongolian spot.
Hmmm. My experience has been quite nice really. My ILs are from Shanghai and moved to the US in the late 1980's (with my DH). They are great. Despite being from the opposite side of the world, our familes are very similar. Families are important, respecting family, thriftiness, etc. We joke about it. Like our parents both drive Camrys. I don't know of DH getting any grief over me being white. We have visited China 3 times in the 8 years we have been together and will...
Wow, I can't believe someone would throw that away! It's different from last year's model, so it can't even be that old. Good find!
I got mine in only a few days. I was pretty surprised since the email I got said it could take 2-3 weeks. Mine is REALLY nice. I did the one where the cover is a full picture bled to the edges. I did a "brothers" theme of my sons. I did the theme with the giraffes, plants, chicks... I think it's called little chick or something. It all came out very cute! I'm going to order 2 more of the same book, actually, to be the gifts for my parents and DH's parents.
Thanks yamilee21 for the tips! We haven't had a leak since then, so maybe he was just saturated on the side he was laying on?
We're not feeling it in the sense that we still have our jobs, but our long-term savings have taken a huge hit (not to mention our 401ks) and our house value has declined, I am sure. Of course, we're fortunate to have savings to lose, you know?
My son is a side-sleeper, night-nurser maniac. I have him in a Happy Hempy stuffed with a prefold. I'm trying to get a Disana wool soaker to work over the top. I felted it slightly and really tried hard to lanolize it last weekend. Once it was finally dry, it seemed to work the first night, but last night, we ended up in a big puddle. What's going wrong? The Happy Hempy wasn't totally saturated, either. I have a Stacinator day/night which doesn't seem to soak...
We're using Happy Hempys with a Disana wool cover. I also slightly felted mine. I really love it. If it keeps working well, I plan to get a second becuase it takes like 3 days to dry, so I need a spare! The first time I didn't get it working quite right (my first time lanolizing/felting) and it did leak, but now it seems great. In the meantime, I was using a Stacinator day/night, wihch worked well except the rise wasn't really high enough to cover my DS's enormous...
Thirsties doesn't have a one-size diaper. Are you thinking of the AIOs perhaps? : They are sized.