or Connect

Posts by SiValleySteph

Finger puppets, books (at least 5-6), stickers, small cars/trucks, magnetic playset (we have a silly face one), larger puppet (can "talk" to the people behind you if they are friendly), "magic" glow slate. Don't underestimate the power of Sky Mall and the emergency instruction card! And of course the snacks. Okay, I don't know if there were any "fresh" ideas, but we are really enjoying finger puppets right now. We have one set that fits into little pouches and...
I would have your mom watch her during the reception and then go back to her afterwards. That way you don't have to worry about her handling an overnight and you still get to go the reception. I wouldn't take my toddler to a reception that starts at 7 because he goes to bed around 7:30 and it wouldn't seem fair to him to keep him up that late. I do have FUN with my baby and take him everywhere, but I do try and keep our activities earlier so we are home by around 8 at...
I was just about to post the same vent. Getting out of the house does not help for us. DS chased me around Borders yesterday evening screaming "Nay-nay, Nay-nay," while I looked for somewhere to sit down. Then he cried and threw a fit when I tried to end the nursing session after 1-1/2 sides. Apparently, he was not quite done with that 2nd side! It was somewhat embarassing because he had just been demonstrated his talking & reading skills. Not that it's embarassing to...
Interesting comment by your DH! In my neighborhood, it seems strollers are a necessity for the poor - those who do not have a car to run errands with and must walk. I even see people with no kids also using strollers to carry their laundry, water jugs, etc. Strollers do not have to be expensive. Most of these moms I see using the basic umbrella stroller. I think these run between $10 and $20. I also use a stroller myself to walk on these errands. I would often end...
My son has a CPK boy doll. We didn't do matchy-matchy (as in look for a 1/2 Asian, 1/2 white CPK), but got a tan kid with brown hair/brown eyes. He's more into stuffed animals right now, though.
My DP was making fun of me for going being all excited about it, so he told me to write out the equations: X being the number of times you eat chocolate (2X + 5)50 + 1755 – year born 100X + 250 + 1755 – year born 100X + (2005 - year born) 100X + my age Takes away some of the magic. Although, we all know not to send it to our 100+ year old grandparents now! Oh, and it wouldn't have worked for earlier years. There was probably a different constant...
Those cookies are awesome, and only a $1 a box! I gave DS one after an Ikea shopping trip because we had overstayed our time there (imagine that!) and were late for dinner. Then he wanted another. And another. And another.
Thanks for your input! Sometimes it seems like way to much to think about.
I have a Lucas. I really like it. I haven't ran into any my son's age, yet. I do wish we had skipped on giving him a middle name, though. DH does not have a middle name and that would have been a cool thing to pass on. We waffled and gave DS a middle name (which I like just fine), but it would have been fun to skip it.
I'm so confused as to what is good for you these days! Between raw food, Nourishing Traditions, vegan, vegatarian, supplements and more I just end up not knowing what to think. How did you come to your nutritional philosophy? Thanks! Currently, we try and eat fresh fruit and veggies and cook from scratch most nights, avoiding pre-packaged type of foods. We do have our weaknesses, though (frozen dumplings!) and we eat out a ton. We're thinking of making our own...