or Connect

Posts by SiValleySteph

Thanks for all your responses. I will add some prefolds to the list to be used as extra dipes and for all those other useful purposes! And a snappi or two... just in case. We're planning on sticking to fitteds and covers to start and seeing how that goes. I'm expecting that my babe will be out of these NB dipes within 4 weeks, which is why I'm going with the cheaper flannel. The reviews for these dipes seemed pretty reasonable, so I'm willing to take a chance. The...
Awesome, squintz22! I have copied your wash routine over to my list of tips! I'm relieved to hear this since when I did a search, I saw some have complained of problems with front loaders in the past. It was really causing me some panic!
I want to get my stash going! But when I'm about to order I panic. What if I'm ordering the wrong thing? I don't want to be throwing money away! Ack! Help! Our baby is due in September. We have no idea how big he will be. This is what I am thinking... to start: 18 NB nanipoo flannel fitteds (6 to 12 lbs) 12 Medium (NB) Tiny Tots flannel fitteds (6 to 15 lbs) as baby grows: 12 Loveybums medium Sherpa fitteds (9 to 22 lbs) ...will need more here... For...
Thanks for sharing your experiences! I think I will forgoe the diaper service for the time being. I feel intimidated by CPF and would like to start with something simple (fitteds & covers) in hopes of sticking with it! I wish my front loader had a sanitary diaper cycle! Guess that's what I get for going with one of the least expensive (Frigidare Gallery).
I was all set to get my stash ready for my baby due in September, when DH stepped in. (Okay, I was able to get in an order for some NB nanipoos! ) He wants me to consider a diaper service instead for cost and convienence reasons before investing more. We have a service locally which seems pretty good. I was leaning against the diaper service since it seemed (from ready posts) that fitteds are better at keeping in the NB runny poops. Plus, I would still have to wash the...
Question about loveybums... It doesn't seem to say that the newborn/small size has an umbilical cord snap down. Will this be a problem if using from birth? What fabric como is best for a newborn? Velour, sherpa, flannel? Do I need hemp soaker pad? These are close to the price of the kissaluvs, well $3 cheaper, but I'm assumming they are a better dipe. Does there sizing run similar to kissaluvs? i.e. will they fit longer than, say, nanipoos? So many questions!...
Yippee! I made my first diaper purchase. I ordered a dozen nanipoo newborn fitteds. BoobyJuice, Steal away! I need covers, too! Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I spent a few hours last night trying to track down some more dipes. I will probably try to get another 12 or 18 newborn dipes and then move on to the smalls. Since it seems the nanipoos run small, I don't want to get too many of those (having no idea how big babe will be!), but they are a great deal!...
This is great! I've put in an email to nanipoos. Now I'm off to search for the toot suite. Are SOS the Motherease Sandies one size? I need to get up on my diapering acronyms! I will keep my eye on the TP now that I know I'm eligible to buy. Of course, I still work on posting like crazy. Maybe I will see some KHW... Thanks so much all, sorry to not call everyone out by name. This is all sooo helpful! I don't feel so overwhelmed anymore and am excited to try...
Thanks for your replies! nicandboys, So the kissaluvs don't seem too bad for you? I'll probably get at least some of my stash in those since they are so available. I already checked Granola Moms for the KHW, but no luck. I will keep checking around though, since I still have a few months! Do you consider the kissaluvs size 0 to be a newborn or a small dipe? I have no idea how big our babe will be! I was a good sized baby (8-1/2lbs), but who knows! alaskanteach,...
(My first post! ) Babe #1 is expected in September, and I really want to give cloth diapering a go. I've had some panicing and 2nd guessing, so I've decided my best course of action is to get some dipes and then I'll have no choice! From reading, I've come to a conclusion that fitteds and covers are a good choice for NBs and the runny BM poos. I thought I was just going to order 25 or so kissaluv size 0 and some covers, but then I've seen a lot of posts...