or Connect

Posts by SiValleySteph

Do you all make the grid to solve it? That's how I learned to solve these (back in 3rd or 4th grade) and I still do it that way. I love these puzzles! Back when I took the GRE, they had a whole section of these type of logic problems. I loved it! They've since gotten rid of that section and added an essay, I think. I wouldn't do as well now.
Quote: Originally Posted by karina5 When I wore size 9 I weighed around 125 lbs. And I'm 5' 8" How strange! I'm also 5'8" and at 150lbs I fit an 8 at all stores and at 160lbs, I was mostly in 8's, some 10's.
I actually live in the area and my son attends a home daycare. I saw this in our local paper and I was very saddened to see it. At my son's home daycare, there are always two adults there, usually three. Our DCP is like an extra Grandma for DS. I don't like reading these things, but I am still very happy with our situation. I don't hand my son off to random day cares.
I feel like I learned a lesson lending out baby gear to a co-worker. My beloved SnuggleNest came back dirty and missing a sheet. My infant-to-toddler rocker and exersaucer (yes, yes, I know, I know) have not come back. Now that I'm about to have my second, I wish I had just not lent these out. Yes, they are not *that* important, but I found them useful and was saving them for another child. I take very good care of my things, so I was dissapointed to loan them out to...
I don't find dinner time to be a big hassle. I almost always cook dinner for my 3yr3month old seperately because he eats before my DH is home yet. When DH is home, he cooks dinner most of the time for me and him. It's really not a big deal to me. Then I sit with DS and tell him stories or we play a card game or something while he eats. On the weekend, we will all eat together, or if we go out to eat during the week. DS still has excellent table manners and we all get...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueStateMama Mine are usually unsupervised for long periods of time when I let them get out the knives or matches. I'm sure we'll be in trouble with 2 kids, but seriously, my one kid is not really the getting in to stuff type.
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueStateMama I think that someone who puts presents under the tree - in sight of and in reach of toddlers/preschoolers doesn't get where they are developmentally, at all. It's an impulse control thing, they just don't have it at all, at 2, and it's still developing in a 4 year old. Parent's job to control the environment, not the kid's job to defy their natural impulse to explore and be nosy. Well, I just said we...
Well all our presents are wrapped and under the tree. They have been for a while. I would be shocked, absolutely shocked, if my DS opened any of the presents. He's 3 years, 3 months. He definitely has impulse control. Maybe I just have an unusual kid, but I didn't think twice about putting the presents under the tree. He can read the tags, so he knows which ones are to him, which ones are from Santa, which are from Mommy & Daddy, etc., and is very excited. We did let...
Awww... my son has been dying to check out that cd from the library for the last month. Someone must be renewing it or have lost it, because we can't find it. Bei-jing-jing-jing is my favorite part!
I have mixed feelings about this. My sister did a science fair project in 5th grade about the cephalic index of vairious people and my mom made her do everything, including all the math. My sister was disqualified or marked down (can't remember exactly) at the district science fair because it was said that it couldn't have been done without a parents help. So you never know ...