or Connect

Posts by boobykinmamma

I would use Aubrey Organics children's sunscreen--it has no chemical blockers in it, only physical ones--titanium dioxide--and no other harmful ingredients, and it smells really nice, too!
I don't think there's anything wrong with trying for one gender or the other, but I do believe that you'll end up with whichever sex you're meant to have, no matter what. We have one of each, and are waiting to be surprised with the one I'm pregnant with now. If I had two boys already, though, I admit I'd really want this one to be a girl. I feel lucky to be in a position where I don't have a preference this time around. We had only planned on two children, and when I...
If you're attracted to a Hindu image of the divine feminine, I think of Parvati (one name/form/aspect/whatever of the Mother/feminine aspect of divinity). It's all the same Consciousness, just a matter of what form you're attracted to/get a mother feeling from. I think Kali is pretty darn cool, by the way. "Destruction" in this case refers to the destruction of ignorance and the illusion of separation.
Sarah, Yep, it's acid reflux then. I don't have it daily yet, and maybe I'll get lucky this time, but with my last two pg it was horrible--lots of burping, like you said, with acid washing up my throat every time. Yuck!
Sarah-Could it be both heartburn AND acid reflux? I know I definately get the reflux thing--burning all the way up my throat, but burning in my stomach, too. I'll try the slippery elm, Jen, thanks, and ask my midwife about Prilosec if I can't find any relief from natural remedies. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with later/less movement in a non-first pregnancy. I don't know if my placenta is anterior, as I haven't had any u/s, but maybe that explains things.
I'm pregnant now with a surprise #3. We had planned to be done after dd (#2), but throughout my pg. with her, and until I got pregnant when she was 10.5 months old, I didn't feel done at all. DH and I hadn't discussed a third, but he knew I wanted another but hadn't decided what he wanted. I really feel that I'll feel done after this one. I've always felt that we'd have 3 children, even though we'd agreed on two, and I don't have the concern that I did during my last...
DS: Happy oops DD: Very much planned, got pg during first cycle trying #3 (due in sept.): Another happy oops!
Hey, everyone! Once again, FINALLY I have a moment to post. I'm almost always nursing dd while I'm online, and I need one hand to support her and don't like single-handed typing, so I've been reading and keeping up with everyone else's posts. Wow, I can't believe we're in the last 10 days of April. It seems like this thread just started. It's exciting to read about growing bellies, feeling movement, diaper shopping, etc. I think we'll be going with our usual simple...
Kofduke--Just wanted to add that dd's got your ds beat in the small feet dept. She's also 14 months and not quite a size 3. She's really short, too, about 5% for height, but her feet are so FAT that I can't get them into certain shoes. Anyway, to get more on topic, my mom picked up a pair of Stride Rite sandals at a yard sale for dd, and although they are still a bit big, they seem so nice and flexible. I thought about getting some Robeez-type sandals, but I do...
I learned to read patterns several months ago. It always seemed so complicated and like this huge mystery, but now that I've got lots of the abbreviations memorized it's very easy to follow a pattern and make just about anything. I learned from a combination of websites and books I checked out out the library. I can't give exact links, but try a google search for something like "how to crochet" and "crochet pattern abbreviations" I think about.com had some good links....