or Connect

Posts by kungfufugirl

Thanks Cynthia
You may want to check out American Heritage Girls. I am not sure how you feel about Christian youth organizations but many homeschooling families across the United States enjoy having their daughters participate in American heritage Girls. We have two troops in the North Phoenix area already Cave Creek and North Glendale and will hopefully have another start in Anthem n the next year and many more to come in the years following. Merit badge work and service projects...
Hi there!!! Is anyone I interested in starting an AHG Troop in Arizona??? It is a Christ-centered character-building program for girls. For more info go to www.ahgonline.org . Let me know if you are interested or if you are part of a troop already.
Thinking of you K!!! I have 2 year old twins and nothing is easy with them... but always rewairiding. I know Lori by reputation and she is the best. Good luck and if you need moral support, drop back in this thread!!!!
Hey alll!  Where did everyone go???   Quick update:  33 weeks today, doc thinks I will deliver between 35 and 36 weeks, before 9-1...    
The shipping notification says its on the truck and should be arriving today!  It's my birthday, so I feel like it is for me.......well, I will need to test it out!  My daughter won't get it until her sibs are born though......
I've been an OB nurse for 12 years and became an IBCLC so that I could better help bf-ing moms.  I have seen hospital LC's suggest this, and most nurses do also.  Even pediatricians suggest bf-ing moms use formula!  I was in a room checking vital signs on mom and baby when a (female) ped came in to do her assessment so I stood in the corner and waited.  She did all of the assessment, talked with mom about baby care etc...never once talking about feeding...
Gosh...I am so sorry to hear there has been so much negativity around here recently!  I haven't been on in a few years but just came back as I am on pregnancy bedrest so I have plenty of time.  I don't remember seeing this type of negativity before.  I would think that women who come here do so b/c they value the spirit of motherhood--the loving, nurturing, and graceful art of being a woman.  I am brought to the verge of tears that women who proclaim to live this way in...
How did you ladies manage the co-sleeping when they were newborn?  While I did this with dd, I am anxious about having two in the bed until they are a little bigger.....so I am trying to get ideas...
you've got skills!  Thanks for doing this ;)