or Connect

Posts by dbsam

Does anyone know of an alternative to UNFI? I've looked at Frontier but they do not offer many of the items my group purchases.  (like kombucha, cheese, etc.)   I am really irritated with UNFI and would love to find another source.  I've purchased from UNFI for ten years and realize a lot of the products are now more widely available at grocery stores, vitacost, and Costco and UNFI's prices are not as good as they used to be.  But some things are less expensive at UNFI...
OP, My children never wanted to practice math facts either.   In 2nd or 3rd grade they played Timez Attack and enjoyed it and learned some but didn't learn all their facts.  (They were in school then so there was a bit of a push for fact knowledge; it was a Montessori school so not as much of a push as in PS.)  At that time my children had no computer game or xbox experience so they were thrilled to be playing the game.  My niece and nephew, who have played many...
Yes, that was my plan 25 years ago.  Now I've gotten used to having him around and am not sure about actually living alone!  Although, it may be a plan for retirement when we are both home all the time.
I feel the same way as you.  I am not an only child but I have always liked time alone.  Prior to having children, I used to tell my husband we should buy a duplex, each live in half, and put a door in the shared wall.  I loved living alone and after living with my husband 25 years, I still like my alone time.  I am a better parent and partner when I have a little quiet time.   We started HS'ing this year and although I like it, there are times I miss having the house to...
I like Grace too. I also like Inga Kathrin  (I like Katherine too but Kathrin is shorter and of German origin.)
Yes, my children are now in 4th and still use the same backpack/messenger bags.  (We homeschool now so they only use them a couple of days/week when they go to class outside the house.  So at this rate they will have them until college!  Well...they are sort of cutsie HA bags so they will be passed on to someone younger before then.)
We rarely buy Thank you cards (Although I recently ordered some with their names on them.)  The kids like to make them.  For the Xmas thank you's they cut up Christmas cards we rec'd and used them to make thank you cards.
I am also using the snow storm and extreme cold as a reason to use up items in our pantry and freezers.    The roads were only closed for a day but I am pretending they are still closed and staying home!
I also have keyless ignition and do not like it.  The car is smarter than me!  I have the keys in my pocket and often do not realize a second set is somewhere in the car (in a cupholder, bag, etc.).  When I get out at my destination, I try to lock the doors and the car beeps at me...letting me know there is a second set somewhere in the car.  Then the kids and I search the car looking for the second set; sometimes we give up and leave the car unlocked. One time I pulled...
This may not be the worst (like used lip balm - yuck)...but it is odd.   My mom does not pick out gifts for the kids...I pick them out and wrap them. (This was her idea since the kids were born.) I tell her what she got them but she never listens so when they open them she says 'What did I get you?"   I've always wished she would pick out something, even if it isn't the ideal gift.  She is their only grandparent and I think it w/b nice for the kids to receive something...