or Connect

Posts by dbsam

We have Mercurius pencil sharpeners (not the type with the attachment to catch shavings) and they work great.  When I ordered the sharpeners I ordered extra blades...the extras came in a pack of 25 - enough for a lifetime!   We also have the Faber-Castell sharpeners that have metal containers attached to catch the shavings.  These probably get used more often because they are convenient...even in the car.  They also sharpen well and are easier to find in our area than...
For colored pencils:   We like Lyra and Faber-Castell and have been using both brands for years.  I think they color better than Rose or Crayola. We often buy the watercolor pencils.  We use them as colored pencils without water more often than water color but we have the option for either use.
I do not like going to water parks.  (Which is why my husband just left with the kids to go to the water park.) I know moms, including my sister, who go to the water park a couple of times/week with their children and spend the entire day.  I just cannot do it.  I can force myself to go for a couple hours on a potentially rainy day when there are few people, it is not really hot, etc.   I am not good at pretending, acting goofy, or Nerf gun wars either...but my...
Thanks. I ended up using plain coconut milk yogurt because I had some that was close to expiring.  I also added a dash of vanilla.  My husband and I liked it but the kids did not.  Which is fine.  One of the nice things about the Vitamix is that it is easy to make more than one batch quickly and easily.  The kids decided on...strawberry, mango, dark cherry and coconut milk 'ice cream-like' smoothies for desert.
Sounds good....I want to make this tonight for a treat.  Did you use canned coconut milk or the thinner type in a carton (like So Delicious) that is more like milk and a bit less coconutty?  I guess either w/b fine but since I have both I thought I would ask. thx
When we had a car and no children we used the dog harness seat belts. (Which according to the link you provided where useless.  Luckily we were never in an accident.)   Since having children we crate the dogs in the back of the minivan.  We used to use collapsible fabric crates because they were easier to keep folded down in the back of the van and a medium and large crate could fit in the back - barely.  The zipper has since broken on the large crate and we only...
We also use a pet sitter.  She doesn't stay at our house but she comes four times/day.  We've used the same person, as a sitter and as a dog walker when I worked, for fourteen years.  When she is no longer available (she is in her 60's now) I will contact our vet for referrals.  A few times we boarded one of our dogs at the vet.  (He had medical and behavioral problems and the dog sitter was not comfortable watching him.)   I was more comfortable with the vet than a...
Ragana, I see you are in Chicago.   Is there an organic blueberry farm in the Chicago area?  (I live in between Chicago and Mishawaka and wasn't sure what was available in IL.)  I go to this farm.  It is a bit of a drive for you, but it is the only organic blueberry farm in Indiana.
We have quite a few - some are worth it to me and some are not.   We have a great organic blueberry farm about 45minutes away.  We pick some and then I buy ~40 pounds of prepicked frozen and they last us until the next season - it's worth the trip to me since it is less expensive than buying organic berries at the store or through UNFI.    We have one organic strawberry farm near but it is very small and they lost their crop last year because of freaky weather...
gift cards for a gas station near campus   or put the $$ in his bank account in case he needs it once he is at school.