or Connect

Posts by dbsam

I am concerned that their non-traditional Montessori instruction might have left gaps in their math education; but I haven't identified all of the gaps.  Children who left the Montessori school after 5th or 6th grade did really well when they transferred to PS.  But children leaving after 2nd or 3th struggle and are considered behind in math.  I am not sure if this is because they have not completed the entire program or if it is because the Lower EL teachers changed a few...
This is our first year HS’ing.  My children are 9yo and in 4th grade.  I purchased the Life of Fred Elementary series and we started with the first book in the elementary series.  My children like LOF but I think I need to add a more traditional math curriculum.  They’ve been doing random worksheets every once in a while but I am afraid I will not cover everything.     They also go to a Montessori teacher’s house 1x/week and often work on math.  She has them play math...
We watch Chopped.  My kids have always liked to cook and make 'inventions', so they really love this show.  (They like most cooking, home improvement, or antiquing shows.) We've never seen Cupcake Wars. Another favorite in our house is American Pickers.
I love to read. I have food issues. I am frequently sleep deprived.   I daydream...a lot I am an 'animal person' I am a loner I am a vegetarian
 Daila,I love your comment and it is very helpful!  (But I have still been more careful when making comments or sending emails.  Actually, it is part of my new 'positive attitude'.   I have been making changes in what I say and how I react in my life.  Which s/b an entirely new thread!  I am trying to be more positive and  less anxious and worried.  I realize how much my anxiety and negativity affected my children.) I agree with you about creating thick skins.  My son, who...
 Good idea about venting on paper.  I typically vent to my husband but he was asleep the night I accidentally emailed the drama coaches. You are right, when we spoke (before my email) they told me they need to prepare the children to handle rough comments and told me stories of all they went through when they performed on cruise ships.  They said their classes were for children who already know they want to be professional actors as adults.  My daughter isn't at that...
Yesterday:  (I was able to do a lot since the kids had class.) ·         made breakfast ·         took kids to class ·         contacted Credo Mobile about error on bill ·         contacted Verizon Wireless about charges on closed account ·         contacted county treasurer about property tax adjustment ·         prepared UNFI deposit ·         went through paperwork ·         cut grass ·         laundry ·         hung out two loads of laundry ·         cleaned...
      I am hoping to get a lot done today.  On Wednesdays my children go to a class all day so it is my one day to catch up but I am not feeling well and am tempted to lie down for a bit.    Yesterday ·         got up at 4:00 with hubby so he could help me tie down the SUP’s in the truck.  (It was supposed to be a beautiful day and luckily the weather broke in the afternoon and it was great.  I was nervous because we were not going to the beach near our house so I...
I guess we fit into category 1, 3 and 4 but are mostly in category 1 now.   When we were TTC we planned to both continue working after having children.  We couldn't imagine cutting our income in half especially since my half was the stable income and his varied.  By the 8th IVF try and with my job involving a lot of stress, long commute, long hours and a pending merge I decided to quit working the week prior to our last embryo transfer.  We thought I would go back...
Yesterday I spent too much time in the kitchen; I am trying new things because we have been eating the same things too often. ·         made breakfast ·         cleaned the kitchen ·         rinsed/soaked beans ·         played ping pong ·         made lunch ·         cleaned the kitchen ·         helped the kids with their research papers ·         laundry ·         cut the grass ·         picked apples and tomatoes ·         cooked beans ·         made...