or Connect

Posts by dbsam

I use the same logic...healthier organic quick food is often eaten at our house.   Tonight I sent my husband and children to a Mexican restaurant.  I justified it because our kitchen is full of furniture, I had an appointment and we are a supporting locally owned business.
Well...  it is the exterior that is being painted.  So there isn't too much for me to do now.  When they are done we will reinstall the light fixtures, clothes lines, rain barrels, etc.  I am having color choice remorse.  I think I will mix up a cocktail and try to stop dwelling on the color of my house!   Having the carpets cleaned is a PITA!  Living with the furniture shoved into other rooms is horrible.  I was trying to maneuver around the kitchen today and thought...
I'd like to join too. I need a perpetual pantry/freezer challenge since I am a bit of a food hoarder .   My first challenge is to use up last year's frozen blueberries and blackberries since it is time to pick again.
Thank you so much!   I keep reminding myself that it is only paint.  (The paint job is over $10K and it is so much $$ to me so I panic a bit.  But really, much of the cost is for the prep work.  I don't think it would cost nearly as much to change the color.)   I understand the changing color bit.  The lighter gray looks great on the stucco most of the time, but can look too light and too gray on the South side of the house and a little pink on the North side.  I...
Thanks...he came by this morning and wanted the color choices so he could get the paint. I told him the top since at that moment that was the one I liked.  Now I am second guessing myself.   My gut said I should have had the top one lightened a bit but I ignored myself.
Thank you. The bottom left was our very first color we tested.  We like it on the stucco too...but it shows much lighter and much more gray on the cedar.  Which isn't a bad thing...ugh.  If we ever move it will be an all brick house.  I do not like making these decisions or paying so much to have the house painted.     I think my husband's head almost exploded tonight when I suggested we ditch the taupes and try something else...like a Mediterranean gold. 
yesterday: baked GF cinnamon raisin bread (too dense and no taste – will try in French toast tomorrow) baked chocolate chunk muffins cooked a batch of pinto beans made veggie tacos a lot of laundry went to bank unloaded/loaded dishwasher, hand washed dishes and cleaned kitchen worked 1.5 hours     today: watched the kids at swimming lessons went to paint store - painters start tomorrow and I have not finalized the...
I know it is difficult to tell color in a photo…but I am driving myself (and my husband) crazy with color options.  I am also driving the paint store crazy. I have been there so many times requesting a bit more black, add blue, remove white, etc.  Every time the painter pushes back the start date, I put up more samples.  I am looking for a color that is not too beige, too gray, too green, too pink, etc.   These are three of the finalists.  I am leaning towards the...
There are times I pick up toys (my children are nine).  But then, there are times I ask them to do things for me...like empty my bathroom trash, get something from the basement, organize the shoes in the garage, etc.   If they complain...saying I didn't take this out or this isn't mine...I remind them that as a family, sometimes we just do things for each other.  I guess I feel the same about occasionally picking up their toys.    That said, when I pick up their...
Kitchensqueen, I am sorry about your headache.  I get migraines and know how a bad headache can mess up a day.  I think you achieved a lot, especially with a headache!   My day: son decided he would make breakfast = my assistance with cleanup spent much of the day napping and watching House Hunters with my daughter who is not feeling well.  She was sad because her brother and dad took the SUP’s to the beach this evening and she wasn’t well enough to go. ...