or Connect

Posts by gr160

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlQ1C...elated&search= I came across this video on youtube and had to watch. It seems to me to be mostly "Trust us, we're doctors", with no real substance to his 'arguments'. The Myth/Truth part was a joke. Myth: Vaccines cause dangerous side effects. Truth: Vaccines are safe and effective. (Followed by the usual talk of sore arms and slight fevers, no mention of deaths, seizures, etc.) Ending with "Dr. Cooper of the AAP says...
DD2 cut her head earlier this week and required stitches for it. (Corner of a bookshelf. ) We took her to the ER to get it stitched up, and after the ped examined the wound, I asked if they usually give tetanus vaxes for cuts like this. She said "No, this happened at home. She wasn't in the street!" Of course, I'm not living in America now, so that could have a lot to do with it, lol.
Quote: Originally Posted by treemom2 Grrrrr, that would make me so mad. DH is a teacher of children with autism and we used to have the autism awareness ribbon on the car until someone punched our car right where the ribbon was--left a huge dent. People are so frustrating. . .grrrrrr They probably thought it was a rainbow gay rights ribbon. Was it a plain puzzle ribbon or was there a written message with it?
This doesn't surprise me. Remember this from way back when? Quote: The attacks on parental rights are already mounting in this country. Consider the situation at East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania’s J. T. Lambert School. In 1996, 59 sixth-grade girls were paraded to the nurse’s office and forced to disrobe and undergo vaginal examinations. Most of the girls had never been exposed in this way and were traumatized and humiliated by the experience. When parents...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Being a person to tends to get defensive for stupid reasons, I suggest the next time you end up in a conversation with your aunt you just say "why do you think that?" "that makes no sense." over and over. She'll absolutely explode and never make those remarks to you again.
Quote: Originally Posted by thepeach80 I've pmed you back already, but as a mom whose son thrived on rx formula I had to chime in. Not every child can be 'fixed' through mom's diet and not every baby seems to get the memo that breast is best. I also wanted to point out that rx formulas are dairy/soy free, they are corn based and one adult formula is rice based. Not the ideal option, but when your child can't tolerate anything else, what can you do. There...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaofthree My SIL nursed her first for about 15 months and then at about 3 months her ped told her dc#2 could have cows milk in a bottle so she switched (no not formula, just SKIM COWS MILK!!!AGH!) bottle feeding was no big deal to her cuz she didn't even warm the stuff up, just from fridge to bottle to poor baby (who, BTW had horrible digestive problems for years. But no one would listen to me. I mean heck if you don't wanna...
As a Muslim, it depends on the situation for me. If I'm in public (a mall, the street, any place where there are men) I cover. By cover, I mean that *I* am covered, ds is not. I learned pretty quickly that babies don't play that, lol. If I'm around only women and kids (even in public- school, mosque, other people's homes, etc.) I don't cover. I used to cover when dd1 was a baby because I wasn't comfortable exposing that much skin, but it never stopped me from feeding...
Quote: Originally Posted by mum2be Just to clarify...she is NOT vaxed. Her doctor wouldn't even think of it because of her sensitivities. Gotta congratulate you on that doctor! It sounds like he's putting your daughter's needs as an individual first.
Quote: Originally Posted by mum2be Thanks for the input. I can eat dairy and soy fine. It's dd who's sensitive. I haven't tried dairy since she's been born. I was a vegan before, so I didn't do dairy anyway. I've tried 1 tsp. of soy butter and the next day dd had a bad bum rash. It was even oozing...Also, there are formulas out there that don't include dairy or soy. We work with the kinesiologist to find new foods. She's literally gone to the health...