or Connect

Posts by grian

Thanks everyone for chimming in.
O.K. thanks for that site, it has great information. The kefir grains I have were given to me in a mason jar filled with water. I have them in my fridge, how long can I keep them like this before they need to me rinsed and given fresh water? I'm still gathering my jars and strainers and things together to try my hand at my first batch. Sould they be in milk and not water in the fridge?
A friend recently gave me some kefir grains that she says are origionally from Nepal over 17yrs old. A little pressure here Needless to say I have no idea what to do with them. I need lots of help. Are there old threads or web sites I should read (my initial search proved frustrating). I'll take help right here too. Thanks a bunch!
I am about to begin a year of midwifery work at a clinic on the boarder of El Paso, Texas and Juarez, Mexico. It is suggested that I get my Hep B and rubella vaccines. I am overwhelmed with trying to prepare my family for our move to Texas and am at a loss as to where to find specific information about these particular vaccines. I did read through the archives but didn't find what I needed there. Does anyone have any links for me. My background is that I was fully vaxed...
Our pediatrician recommended time release melatonin for my 4yo dd. 6mg. It diddn't work for us but it might for you. My dd has had major sleep issues, including night terrors, for seversl years. I understand your frustrations completely.
Please tell me where to take this if it more appropriate somewhere else. My dd is four and has suffered from some degree of night terror to night tantrumming since she turned two. As you can imagine we are at our wits end two years later. She shares a room with her older brother, they shared a bed for a long time but are now in bunk beds. She has been out of our bedroom and bed since she was about 2.75yo. At two she had classic night terrors from 11-2 every night. Now...
My dd has been going through night terrors from about 2.5yrs on. She just turned 4. In the beginning her terrors were very similar to what your friend described, with the same kind of intensity and frequency. As she has aged they have lessened in severity and have settled into a predictable pattern. She wakes, almost nightly, between 10-12:30 (sometimes 2-3 times). She can be reassured and quieted more easily now although she isn't "awake" at all. She is beginning to...
She is interviewing you just as you are interviewing her. It will be a disasterous situation for all if the relationship is not "right". How you act in your own home, and how your home feels will tell her a tremendous amount about how you may birth. You might as well have that home interview right away so neither one of you ends up wasting one another's time. Prehaps your nervousness or uneassiness surrounding this issue is telling of some deeper feelings about...
I do not vaccinate my children, and choose not to vaccinate myself. That said, I am considering applying to nursing school and would "need" to be vaccinated for several things. Hepatitis ( a series of 3 shots then a titer), then titers for the following rubella, mumps, and varicella and shots if unproven immunity, tetnus if it has been 10+ years since your last shot, and finally tuberculosis. I am terrified by this and am on the edge about nursing in general simply...
another vote for all natural latex. I love my bed!