or Connect

Posts by mean_jeannie

I don't think you're being too hard on her. It is important to me that I foster the desire to make the best effort in my son who will soon be five. When he rushes through something and I see he's not really trying to do his best I will sometimes have him redo it or do more. I will ask him if he thinks he can do better or what he thinks he can do better as well so I can help him develop the self-reflection aspect of improving and meta-cognition. It's becoming kind of our...
I couldn't find a link for it, but Discovery Toys has Progressive Puzzles - a set of 9 or 12 puzzles, 3 or 4 of which are 4-piece puzzles, 3 or 4 that are 6-pieces, and 3 or 4 that are 9-pieces. My son, who just turned 3 in April now does 18-25 big-piece puzzles and likes to do a beautiful 35 piece puzzle we have by Ravensburger with help. Those Progressive Puzzles were a good stepping stone.
We use reverse osmosis but I wanted to share a recent situation we had in our city. We are in FL where the dry season is severe from February through May. The drought was so significant this year that the city switched from using its usual source - the river - to an alternate source. We use a meter to measure the tds of our water. With the alternate source, it was more than three times higher than with the river water. Water for thought. Municipal water is always...
Yup.
I read your question and then laughed out loud, literally, not just the internet lol. My dh watched Alien when he was 7 years old and thinks that it was perfectly fine for his mother to let him watch whatever movie he wanted. To quote a pp: Quote: Originally Posted by neverdoingitagain NO. Hell NO. We have since met some sort of tenuous middle ground on this subject, mostly because I have wheedled him to death about it. And of course...
Quote: Originally Posted by Twinklefae I'm wondering if the hearing loss is the real issue. She may not have forgot, she may not have heard correctly when you told her when/where. I'm wondering this also. It seems in the media that there is a strong genetic link to senile dementia, Alzheimers or otherwise, but my grandmother had severe dementia much younger than my father is now and he's fine without any sign of dementia at all.
Don't print the labels, just print the addresses right on the envelope. If you have a cover letter that includes the address, just click on "Tools", "Letters and Mailings", "Envelopes and Labels". It will pop up a dialogue box for envelopes. type in any missing info there and feed your envelope through. No need for labels. This is for Word. I don't know about other word processing programs, although I would guess they would have this feature too.
Hello! I am a 6th grade Geography teacher and we are currently studying the Middle East in a unit called "The Land of Three Faiths." I rely on our textbook to help me with Islam. Today I had a chart for the three faiths to organize information like founders, holy books, and so forth. When I placed Muhammed as the founder of Islam, a Muslim student said he was not the founder of Islam but that Adam was the first prophet and Muhammed was the last. When I asked her if...
Quote: Originally Posted by 425lisamarie I think anything by Peter Reinhart will truly be the best bread tutorial there is. I like crust and crumb, and especially the Bread baker's Apprentice. :
If you expect to leave it in the freezer for more than a couple days, freeze after baking. Or par bake it (bake to 80% doneness) and freeze it. But yeast is very delicate once it has actively risen so it won't last in a freezer in unbaked dough. (It is okay to freeze yeast itself - many people buy bulk yeast and freeze it, just not after it's been active in dough.) For a loaf, I also slice then freeze so I don't have to defrost the whole loaf. I also recommend...