or Connect

Posts by MelissaPatrice

Quote: Originally Posted by Softheart Pming you about that, Nellirnnr! Can you pm me too, please? Thanks!!
Holding urine, especially at night, will concentrate it and make it darker (we have a hormone in our body that tells the kidneys to concentrate urine at night). However, very dark urine, especially with any odor, is often a sign of a bladder infection. You might want to make a call to her ped. Just my two cents.... p.s. We EC casually, too, but our six month old is also starting to wake up dry from naps, so we are working on catching more of her pees. Good luck...
I am IN! We have GOT to stop spending our "disposable" income on crap! My DH runs our grocery bill up to $800 to $1200 a month by going out every other day and "picking up a few things." WTF??? And then he cannot RESIST a new puzzle for DD or a trip to Home Depot or whatever. He is so bad, because he has never had to live on a budget before. We've been okay, but the time is NOW to stop the hemorrhage of money! We have no cc debt, have paid off our cars, and I'm...
CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! I'm one step behind you. When my tax return comes, I will pay off my last student loan, leaving only our mortgage and our second mortgage. I'm 25% of the way to paying off the second, too. Once that's done, I want to come up with a plan to pay off the house in 15 years. Isn't debt-free living a wonderful feeling? I love not having a car payment or credit card payments.....I felt enslaved by those things in my past. So, yay for...
Quote: Originally Posted by UmmBnB Oh, and speaking of karma. The house that I sold to get myself out of debt last time was my ex husbands. I got it in the divorce then sold it right away for a nice profit - didn't give him a penny even though the house was his to begin with. Well, probably 85% of our current debt is dh's which he brought with him into the marriage. THAT's karma in action! Thanks for making me laugh this morning! It...
lololol Good luck on the ticket! (Oh, I love that fantasy!) I understand your impatience. When my exhusband and I got out of grad school, we had $100,000 of unsecured consumer debt that we had run up during school (student loans didn't even cover rent!). I put us on a debt repayment plan that I created, and we were very gung ho the first year. After the second year, fatigue definitely sets in. We felt like, "gosh, we learned our lesson, do have to keep serving...
Quote: the back arching and post-nursing I'm in pain freak outs stopped. This was our experience, too, once she was on zantac.
I only have a few seconds to respond, but my 3 month old baby also has reflux and is on zantac (she was also hospitalized for three days, and went through a period of weight loss). She also had very green, mucousy stools and did the coughing/sputtering thing, and she's always only nursed about five minutes at a time. I determined that she had foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and was getting too much lactose-rich foremilk that overwhlemed the limited lactase in her digestive...
Step-mom (custodial) to DSD (3.5 years old) Bio-mom to DD (3 mos old)
Sounds like you're making some progress! You can DEFINITELY enlist your kids! They can have fun doing their OWN 27 Thing Fling every day or week during this process.