or Connect

Posts by slylives

Hello -   It's been a long time since I posted on here. Well, the title says it all. We went through our 2nd IVF and transferred 2 embryos, 1 blast and 1 morula. Today is 8dp5dt and I POAS with a Clearblue Digital. BFN. Tomorrow is my beta test (blood) with my RE.   I am sitting at my desk trying not to cry. It feels hopeless, but a couple of websites have suggested that all is not lost, and that plenty of people have a negative HPT the day before getting a...
So, here I am again. Still having the same issues with the nanny that so many of you advised me to fire 18 months ago. And you were so right! We are going to let her go on Friday, but I would really appreciate any input you have. My previous posts were entitled “Thinking Of Letting Our Nanny Go” and “Let Our Nanny Go and Feeling Sick” in case you want to read the saga.   So things improved for a while, in terms of reliability and timekeeping. Until they slipped again...
Critter is here! Our son Cameron was born on June 15 at 9:39pm. He weighed 9lbs, 15oz. Birth story to follow - includes induction with Foley catheter, pitocin and no pain relief... 
Cameron was born on June 15 at 9:39pm and weighed 9lbs, 15oz.  Birth story to follow - includes Foley catheter, pitocin and no pain relief...
Well, firstly, congratulations on your new baby. I think the PP hit the nail on the head, in that different practitioners may have interpreted the results differently, and reacted differently. But perhaps many of them would have done exactly the same thing. The problem is that you will never know what the "right" decision was - because it's largely a matter of personal opinion and comfort level. Perhaps your OB was more conservative. Or perhaps, had he not induced you,...
MW appointment today - still dilated to 2cm, 50% effaced. So no change in the last 2 weeks. Had a non-stress test, which went great, but an ultrasound showed fluid levels that were "at the high end of normal". Not quite hydramnios levels, but pretty high. The ultrasound tech frightened me with tales of cord prolapses, but the MW wasn't overly concerned. Although she said that if my water breaks we should head in right away. Apparently the biggest risk is that the baby...
I was just about to write the same thing!    
OP said that that her son yelled "I don't want lunch!" at Grandma. And I agree with the PP - the son should have been asked to apologise for speaking that way. Just because a behavior is age-appropriate, doesn't mean that it should go uncorrected (whether by time-out, apology, or whatever.)    
No Critter yet - I was so convinced that s/he would be early. Wrong! I was hoping that today, being our wedding anniversary, might be the day. Well, I have 2 hours and 11 minutes to go, but pretty sure that's wrong too... I'll let you know when Critter is here. On the plus side, we now have a boy name and a girl name picked out. So Critter is only temporary 
TMI - but what the hell - I lost my mucous plug yesterday morning. With my daughter, I lost it right as labour started, so I was hopeful that something might happen...but it didn't. Still fat and rather uncomfortable! I went to my chiro for my last prenatal pelvic adjustment, but she said it wasn't necessary - baby and pelvis are perfectly positioned and good to go. I'm trying to communicate this to the baby - COME OUT!!   Feeling OK though. Resting as much as...