or Connect

Posts by MyZymurgy

Quote: Originally Posted by kcstar Ah, see, every situation is different. I'm so happy that things worked out well for you! In my situation, I was already experiencing fluid overload, so drinking a lot after the CT scan was not an option. And, unfortunately, I was already in the ER when they recommended doing the scan, so I couldn't go home, get online, and get facts outside what the doctors told me Yes, every situation is different...
Just wanted to give one final update in case other nursing moms needing a ct scan find this thread. I had my scan this morning. The Radiologist was a mom too! She was wonderful. She echoed much of what we have discussed here. She told me that 48 hours of pumping and dumping was very much the old rule from back when the injected contrast dye was more toxic. She said the "standard" advice is to tell mom to wait 24 hours, however this was being overly cautious. She...
I wanted to post a little update... And, just to clarify, I am getting barium AND a contrast dye IV for this ct scan. I didn't get a chance to call the InfantRisk Center, but that is an awesome resource that I know I'll be calling in the future. I found this on their website: Quote: Iodinated X-ray Contrast Media (Ionic and Nonionic) Background: The plasma half-life of intravenously administered iodinated contrast medium is approximately two hours, with...
You guys are such an excellent resource - thank you! I got some pumping supplies at the store (I only had one bottle here for storage... not a big pumper, obviously). I'll pump and prepare for this, just to be safe. But I've printed off the resources you've shared and will bring them with me when I pick up the barium. I'll also call that hotline if I can tomorrow. I have high bp and recently had to bring in a list of bf-safe drugs to my pcp to show her there were...
Thank you all so much!! I called the radiology department to try to clarify exactly what was going on. I talked to a woman who was very kind and sympathetic... but she made it clear that the 48 hours were required. She said it was because I am getting both a scan with and without contrast, and it's the injection that is really problematic. Oh lordy... I feel so bad for my DD. These are going to be some tough days. I just really hope it doesn't screw us up long...
I have to get an (upper) abdominal ct scan on Monday. I was told that I have to dump and dump for 48 hours!!! Eek! This is daunting on SO MANY levels. Can I successfully pump to keep up my supply. Can I get DD to actually take a bottle (which she never likes). Can I pump enough over the weekend to supply her for two days (very unlikely). Will she take the formula without too much drama. ACK. Some looking on the Internet told me that some moms don't stop...
Thank you so much!!! Your words are comforting! Of the laundry list of possibilities, I was suspecting hepatitis also. I know I don't have viral hep because I was already tested for that. Autoimmune hepatitis is a possibility, though ... and I've also started to wonder if it could be drug-induced hepatitis. I take methlydopa (for blood pressure) and recently learned that hepatitis (liver inflammation and trauma) can be a serious side effect for some people. But... I...
Hi! I've been working with my doctor to figure out what is going on with me healthwise. Bloodwork is wonky and the doc is looking into autoimmune hepatitis, lupus, cushing's syndrome, and other possibilities in the latest big round of blood tests. They were supposed to give me the blookwork results over the phone, but then the office called and said I had to come talk to the doctor in person. Rut-roh! So of course I've been freaking out all week and I don't get to...
Thank you all for your extremely helpful responses!! I knew this was the place to come with these concerns. Thank you!! To respond to a question several of you asked... no, he show no signs of autism. While I've been a bit worried on his speech, the ped says he is normal and has an "surprisingly advanced" vocab. He is a very social kid, flexible, high energy, silly... he has yet to throw a temper tantrum, but as he hasn't turned two yet I realize that could be on ...
I remember hearing term hyperlexia here and it's been in the back of my mind for a while. I just so rarely get a chance to get online!! So here I am, with a small window to rapidly type out my worries. I think my almost two-year-old is pretty bright, and I sincerely hope this post doesn't come across as bragplaining (that is outwardly complaining when the goal is really just to brag... my favorite made-up word ATM...lol). I am hoping you all here can put this in...