or Connect

Posts by Periwinkle

Well, I have good news and bad news. I completely reversed ALL of my symptoms of PCOS and actually no longer meet criteria for the disease through a strict adherence to a diet that includes no refined sugars and no processed grains. I do eat a slice of Ezekial bread sometimes, or a bowl of steelcut oatmeal prepared the TF way (soaked overnight with whey, served with some real cream on top, etc.) and I tolerate small amounts of THIS kind of grain extremely well (maybe 1...
Links please re: aspirin? Why is it bad? I thought it was the holy grail or something... the simple little innocuous thing you could do every day for "heart health" (ok, I'm being generous here, but that's the message).
thank you thank you : please keep it coming... lots to look into here.
What would I do? To be honest, I'd forget about her for now, let her work out her own junk, and focus on resting & nesting for my baby.
My husband (40) just got his results back from a CT scan he had done to measure the amount of plaque in his coronary arteries. The test yields a score called the Coronary Artery Calcium Score or CACS. His CACS is 95. According to his doctor, this puts him at moderate risk for a heart attack within the next 5 years and above a score of 101 = heart disease. His score is way too close to that for comfort. He had the test done because he has the worst family history...
Quote: Originally Posted by hrtoe It is widespread across most of the country. If you have flu like symptoms right now, your chance of it NOT being h1n1 is less than 1%. This is inaccurate. I think I know where you're getting the 1% from (i.e., that 99% of influenza cases now are H1N1). But a lot of things cause flu-like symptoms, many of which are also EVERYWHERE right now. Rhinoviruses and enteroviruses to name a few (hundred).
That's my experience with the flu too... I had it about 10 years ago and was WRECKED - decent fever (101+), full on body aches and chills, in bed for 3-4 days, and of course... a bad cough. Didn't feel right for 2 weeks after that. And I know every flu strain is different, but again, if you don't have a cough, you don't have the flu -that's my understanding. The flu is not just a bad cold...it's primarily a lung infection with a whole bunch of other unpleasant...
Quote: Originally Posted by Beppie My dd, DH, and I all had suspected H1N1. Our state does not test ANYONE for H1N1 unless that person is hospitalized. But we tested positive for Influenza A, and our doctor said it was H1N1 since "there is no seasonal flu out there yet." or something to that effect. We also had odd symptoms. DH had bad cough, body aches, and diarrhea. DD had fever, runny nose, lethargy/fatigue, and diarrhea. I had terrible...
Quote: Originally Posted by abimommy http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ue#post5365281 omg I forgot about that one. Classic. Thanks for making me laugh HARD today!
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Contrariwise, only 3% + the O-s can donate that type. A most excellent point.