or Connect

Posts by Periwinkle

Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Hang on minute, let's go with that. What if every time we saw kids acting out in public without adult intervention we went to the parents and said "I'm so sorry for your loss, would you like any help keeping an eye on your children?"? Perfect way to wake up this morning. too funny Quote: Originally Posted by alexsam This is an interesting thread. I think because... its cultural. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulaJoAnne If I lived in a hot climate, this is the summer kitchen I would build.... http://firstfruitsfarmne.wordpress.c...ummer-kitchen/ Um, okay, I want this woman's life! I have summer kitchen envy.
Hayl no.
I need a refresher. I know the basics and for example would not say "you can give that book to Jeff and I" (should be "Jeff and me")and know to avoid using "I" just to sound smart when you're in fact using it wrong. BUT... on the trickier sentences I think I need a refresher course. For example, what about these sentences.... are they correct or not? If there was anybody who should have avoided that picnic, it was I. He does not enjoy ice skating as much as...
1.) ALWAYS lock your doors. Most intruders come through open doors and windows. 2.) Last night perfectly demonstrates why you have an alarm and always set it when you're home. Way to go! How many people have alarm systems and only set them when they are out of the house? After getting over the shock of it, you can feel glad that the alarm did its job and you and your family ARE actually safe... you can bet they won't be back and if the person who tried to...
yeah I think none of these would make me take offense at all if I was on the receiving end. I think you're OK!
Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom The movie is very inaccurate. They show Bambi and his mom running in snow. Deers are usually born in late spring. Bambi would have been pretty much grown and not needing his mom (Deer life) if there was that much snow on the ground. If Bambi was born in the fall or winter he would have been an anomaly to what normally happens. I say the hunter didn't know the momma deer had a baby. Deers being born in the...
$100-150
Quote: Originally Posted by spottiew Can I pop in and ask something? I could not fill my day with 'taking care of the house' even if I wanted to... do other people really spend their days doing chores and projects and 'adult things', etc, day after day? ITA. This was the point I made in my last post about how cleaning house all day and doing laundry is NOT what MY children need to be doing all day to develop into the adults that need to...
I only drink wine from wine glasses... and usually the correct wine glass at that. (pinot noir, chardonnay, champagne, bordeaux, etc.)