or Connect

Posts by Periwinkle

Quote: Originally Posted by Devaya But I feel very confused about CC stuff now because the author says things like (without specifically saying CC, I think she's referring to this idea when she speaks about parents wanting to follow tribal ways where the child hangs around adults and older kids and observes what they do, joining in as and when they want to): we have to work with the society and context we have NOW, not try to recreate the past; in the...
Re: "high needs children"... I think some of that is going to occur just due to genetic or environmental factors BUT... I do think TONS of the high needs thing is due to parenting styles. And later in life, it's due to the schools just failing completely to provide a natural environment for growing and learning. Everyone always says how "well-behaved" my kids are and how they're so "nice to each other". Duh! (not that they don't have their moments... of course they...
Of COURSE it's not neglect!
just do what she wants. Period. Laugh about it over a glass of wine a couple of years from now.
Quote: Originally Posted by jrose_lee Hello! Just needing some responses from those with more than one child who try to CC. I was able to hold ds1 in a carrier (or lay down with him) for every single one of his naps growing up. It was really nice. However, ds1 is now 3.5 and does not nap at all, and hasn't for a while. We had ds2 in May and I've been holding him for his naps (which are still all.the.time.) so far. This has only been possible b/c...
Oceanbaby - Have you discussed with your 8 year-old what's driving his reasoning? Could there be something more underlying there than actually wanting a sibling but having to do with being looked up to or respected, etc? Sometimes #2 is a wee bit less than honoring of #1s greatness in this world. Barring anything going on with him like that, I'd take it as merely a data point and nothing else. Because the bottom line is you need to decide if YOU want another baby. ...
Piano Lessons - we pay upfront each month. The teacher is fairly flexible IF given ample notice re: rescheduling if absolutely needed, but cancelling is not really an option (and certainly she would still be paid). If my son is sick enough to stay home from school, she of course is happy to reschedule.
I'm not into Ikea at all... I don't know - their furniture bugs me on a few different levels. Maybe for storage things or something. Not sure.
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowMom Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I am 100 lbs overweight, and while I rarely think of myself as "cool", I'm just fine with who I am. Some people are fat... that's just life. What I said was actually "having 100 lbs. TO LOSE when you're 29 is not cool." I didn't say being 100 lbs. overweight is not cool. There is a big difference! Clearly I meant when you need to lose 100 lbs. because for...
That is AWFUL AniT. Just couldn't read your post without saying it broke my heart and I can't imagine anyone treating my dd like that.