or Connect

Posts by Dandelionkid

I would not enjoy eating good food off of plastic plates. I can do that at home. I also like to feel like I am getting my money's worth (read: cheap) and if I am paying for a fine dining experience I want to dress up nice and have the quiet, kid-free environment.   If I had my kids with me the "fine-dining" aspect would definitely be lost amidst the plastic cutlery and greasy little hands dribbling food everywhere. Fun for them. Fun for us only if we are paying...
She sounds a bit like my DS. Great suggestions!
I think that to help your daughter in the long-run you need to start by finding out why you always either pick crappy people to be friends with or why good friends drift away from you. The negative patterns I can follow and understand in my own life really help clear my perspective when dealing with the same thing in my kids.
My 7 yr old started grade two yesterday at Montessori. She loves it (LOVES) but I am finding it a big adjustment in family-life without her around. Ultimately we will adjust and it will be good to shake things up a bit. I have a lot more time to focus on my middle kid but he is very bored without the "leader of the pack". It's great for him to have to take on more of the eldest role but it will be a challenge for him.    I have to say I am feeling nostalgic about our...
New daycare? It sounds like you are doing what you can at home. It is the providers responsibility to make sure all the kids are safe in her care. If she can't do that, you need to find someone that can. 
Yup- it's totally legal (they just can't use it in the court of law). I don't care much about legality though. In this context (supposed friendly neighborly chat), secretly recording our face-to-face conversation was just plain sneaky and aggressive. 
  lol - I didn't realize he had a reputation.     
  That is really interesting- my DS does have many characteristics of social anxiety. I have always felt the issue was deeper than just separating from me because he only has difficulty with new people, not situations so much. When I figured it was "just" separation anxiety, I thought his semester of gymnastics (where I stayed with him until he felt secure) would pave the way for more success in separating from me but the next class had new teachers and classmates and he...
Yeah. I had my DS in gymnastics and had to follow his class around for a few sessions because he was too insecure without me. Gradually I drifted further away until by two months in I was watching from the parent viewing area. One of the mom's commented that he was doing so well now that I wasn't down there "sometimes kids do so much better without us around". Yes- some kids do but not my kid- he would never have made it past the first session if I had dropped and ran. I...
Thanks for all the replies. It really is helpful to know that most of you would still move. We are pretty certain about moving also and the bonus in the craziness is that I have no desire to please them anymore. I don't have retaliation in mind but the willingness to give a little to their wishes is completely gone. Apparently they admitted to a mutual acquaintance that they realized they crossed a line by recording our conversation. Hopefully that little bit of...