or Connect

Posts by Dandelionkid

Awful awful awful. Thank God they have stable, loving grandparents.
Just got DK kids cookbook and love it. Easy to use, great recipes, no processed food- in fact lots of plain yogurt recipes I was happy to see!
Quote: Originally Posted by zomigi Well just as soon as you get super frustrated about sleeping, lo and behold, she sleeps from 11:30 pm to 6:30 am! I know we'll probably be right back to a horrible night again tonight, but it's nice to have some good ones thrown in there when you really need them. One of my main problems is that DH is really frustrated and isn't totally on board with avoiding CIO. It's hard when both parents aren't in complete...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bug-a-Boo's Mama I hate it. I truly do. DH started it though . We really don't have screaming/yelling matches. But a lot more bickering than I would like. DH so knows how to push my buttons but acts like he is innocent. He is much better at remaining calm than I am-which just PO's me off more. And I LOVE : how he acts like he doesn't know this or it is a new thing. ETA~ I just read some of the other...
It gets easier- take a deep breath and lower your expectations. It really helped me to make tiny little accomplishments part of my "good mom" definition. So look at your day and tell yourself "I am a great mom for getting the kids dressed this morning" " I am an amazing woman just for cleaning the table today"(or whatever it is). It helps keep that pressure away that you need to do and be more to be a good mom/wife/person. Right now life is about treading water- not...
My DH and I are VERY different and it seems like we argue a lot, or have heated debates in front of the kids. They don't SEEM to mind but do you think it's harmful? I grew up in a home where confrontation was avoided so I like being able to express my feelings honestly to DH. We don't call names or yell though. Is it only wrong when it is about the kids?
Quote: Originally Posted by PreggieUBA2C They are so little. I couldn't withstand being around a family that pulls out a spoon for 'respect.' The other thing is that I have found the single greatest and most effective way to improve the way my children treat me is to be both very candid with them about what I accept personally, and even bigger and more effective is when they see my dh treating me well. I don't have a lot of friends or interaction...
Thanks you guys. I'm meeting with banker tomorrow and I will ask him to run the numbers- LOC vs mortgage payments. Hmm... sick feeling to do this but maybe even better to put the LOC on our mortgage and keep paying the extra into it this next year...I just hate seeing the numbers go up on our mortgage. Its strange that I started at 119k/25 amortization 7 yrs ago and now only at 108k now (put student loan on it a few years ago) and now 11 yrs amortization. So strange- I...
Evan and Dylan
Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear I know it may seem wrong at first-- I used to think as you do. But I was uneducated on the issue. There have been many very educational threads on MDC about this; I suggest you do a search for "racism" on MDC. Racism is correctly defined as prejudice against a minority ethnic group. Otherwise it is some other form of prejudice, but not racism. I see where you are coming from- interesting to think...